Row alignment is missing after sorting on fixed columns

Row alignment is missing after sorting on fixed columns

vivekyandapallivivekyandapalli Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

I have created Datatable with fixed columns. When I'm sorting on fixed columns, row alignment is missing. Please check the attached gif.

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,166Questions: 1Answers: 2,588

I'm not seeing it on our page here.

We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• vivekyandapallivivekyandapalli Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi Colin,

Thanks for responding, you can use the same link, I am able to reproduce that issue for the link which you have provided. Just scroll to some position and click on sort(fixed columns sorting).

• allanallan Posts: 61,853Questions: 1Answers: 10,134 Site admin

Is it Chrome you are using there? I’m not seeing that issue I’m afraid. Colin are you able to reproduce it?

edited June 2020

Hi Allan,

Yes it is Chrome. Have you followed the exact steps like first scroll to some position and sort on fixed columns.

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,350Questions: 37Answers: 394

I'm seeing it here with Chrome, guys. Try scrolling the table to the bottom, then sorting on First Name.

• colincolin Posts: 15,166Questions: 1Answers: 2,588

Ah yep, thanks @tangerine , that shows. I've raised it internally (DD-1485 for my reference) and we'll report back here when there's an update.

Cheers,

Colin

• allanallan Posts: 61,853Questions: 1Answers: 10,134 Site admin

Got it now - thanks!

I traced it back to this commit between 3.0.4 and 3.1.0. So this issue has been there for quite a while! It happens if you scroll in a fixed column, and then immediately sort on that column, without passing the mouse over the unfixed part of the table.

This commit fixes that. It will be in the nightly version shortly.

Regards,
    Allan

@allan @colin @tangerine Thank you all for your support.

This discussion has been closed.