Is there a way to set the length of the title used in the searchPanes?

Is there a way to set the length of the title used in the searchPanes?

BelindaBelinda Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

It is working well with the exception of the titles used in the search panes. I have it set up as a single column to the left of the table. Many of the titles are min or max of some assay value. The search pane just ends up with min or max which is not enough to identify the column. A work around I have thought of is to name the columns A: <realname>, B: <next>, etc so the first letter is unique. But it won't have meaning to the user and will be a lot of back and forth to filter on the correct values. Is there a way to adjust where the title is truncated? One of the tables I have in progress is
https://globin.bx.psu.edu/cgi-bin/hbvar/hematable

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
  • BelindaBelinda Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

I think I found a fix. I edited datatables.css, div.dtsp-panesContainer div.dtsp-searchPanes div.dtsp-searchPane div.dtsp-topRow div.dtsp-searchCont input.dtsp-search to have a larger min-width. I also had to make sure Firefox updated the stylesheet when testing. I hope this helps anyone else with a similar problem.

• BelindaBelinda Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Allan, thanks for trying but no. The custom headers still get truncated. I edited the css file instead.

This discussion has been closed.