Need sum of column into next columns' of every row

Need sum of column into next columns' of every row

M.Waleed.HafeezM.Waleed.Hafeez Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0
edited September 2020 in Free community support

I need the sum-of-column (9) in the next column (10). In column(10), I have to implement given formula like this;
row1.column(5) x row1.column(9) / SumOf(allRows.column(9))
but I don't know how to implement this logic in datatable.
because if the user creates a new row then this new row's column(9) value should add into other rows' column(9) like in the formula above mentioned.
I searched and found footerCallback but unfortunately, it wasn't the solution to my problem I'm looking for.

**column-7**{
                        data: "TaskStartDate", render: function (data) {
                            var returnVal = dateFormat(data);
                            return '<label>' + returnVal + '</label>';
                        }
                    },
                    **column-8**{
                        data: "TaskEndDate", render: function (data) {
                            var returnVal = dateFormat(data);
                            return '<label class="date-width">' + returnVal + '</label>';
                        }
                    },
                  **column-9**{
                        data: null, render: function (data, type, row, meta) {
                            var start = data.TaskStartDate;
                            var end = data.TaskEndDate;
                            var daysRequired = countRequiredDays(start, end);
                            daysRequiredForTaskComplete = daysRequired;// need this value for next column calculation.
                            return daysRequired;
                        }
                    },
                 **column-10 **  {
                        data: null, render: function (data) {
                            var completionPercentageCurrentStatus = (data.TaskCompleted * daysRequiredForTaskComplete) / data.ProjectCompletionStatus;
                            return completionPercentageCurrentStatus;
                        }
                    }

Note that:
column 9 and 10 both are my auto-generated formula column. I'm not saving these values into the database as I don't need them in my database. And in column-9 I'm getting values from column-7 and column-8.

Edited by Colin - Syntax highlighting. Details on how to highlight code using markdown can be found in this guide.

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,118Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

You could either do that in columns.render, where the third parameter is the data for all the row, or you could do it createdRow,

Colin

• M.Waleed.HafeezM.Waleed.Hafeez Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi @colin !
    this is a rough-live example link:
    http://live.datatables.net/behomisa/1/edit
    would you help me to show how to implement that logic I've mentioned above?

for example according to the attached live-example. I need a column named "Total".
    in this "Total" column I need calculated values of row[nth].stock * row[nth].Nb / sumof (Column(Nb)).
    so the issue I'm facing is that when I try to add a new row then sumOf(column(Nb)) will be changed too and affect the calculated values in the "Total" column.

if you want I can share a TeamViewer access with you just let me know a day and a time, and where you're from?

I need to implement this logic its a client requirement. I will be very grateful for your support.

• colincolin Posts: 15,118Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

so the issue I'm facing is that when I try to add a new row then sumOf(column(Nb)) will be changed too and affect the calculated values in the "Total" column.

Sorry, I'm not following. Could you give me step by step instructions on that test case, please, on how to reproduce the problem,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.