Input paginator Plugin

Input paginator Plugin

Alex99Alex99 Posts: 24Questions: 1Answers: 0

Link to test case: I can't link a test case beacause the page is under login
Debugger code (debug.datatables.net): this is the code of my datatable configuration : okesej
Error messages shown: no error message shown
Description of problem: i have copied the input paginator plug-in from here https://datatables.net/plug-ins/pagination/input
I use the same configuration in two different pages, with two tables with two different id. But the plugin works correctly in one and in the other it is with style : display: none
I don't know why is doing this..some help?

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,144Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,302Questions: 26Answers: 4,769

Styling issues are near impossible to troubleshoot without seeing the problem. Can you build a test case showing the issue?
    https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/10#How-to-provide-a-test-case

Maybe you can use the browser's inspector tool to find out where the display: none style is coming from.

Kevin

• Alex99Alex99 Posts: 24Questions: 1Answers: 0

hi Colin and kthorngren ,
    i tried the link you sent but i'm using php and the website doesn't allow me to insert php code. i'm also using an ajax request. what can i do?

both page use the same css, i tried to not include the css file , but it still don't working...this happens only in one page , in the other work all correctly

Did you use the browser's inspector tool to track down where display: none is coming from?

Kevin

yes, this is what happens in the page that doesn't work, is the code paart of plugin input

<div class="dataTables_paginate paging_input" id="Impaginazione_200_paginate" style="display: none;"> <span class="first paginate_button" id="Impaginazione_200_first">Inizio</span> <span class="previous paginate_button margin-r-10" id="Impaginazione_200_previous"> <i class="icon-double-angle-left"></i></span> <span> <span class="margin-l-10">Pagina</span> </span> <input class="paginate_input" type="text"> <span> di </span> <span class="paginate_total"></span> <span style="margin-left:10px;"> </span> <span class="next paginate_button" id="Impaginazione_200_next"> <i class="icon-double-angle-right"></i> </span> <span class="last paginate_button" id="Impaginazione_200_last">Fine</span> </div>

Right click in the area where paging would be placed and select Inspect. Click on the <div class="dataTables_paginate paging_input" id="Impaginazione_200_paginate" style="display: none;"> in the developer tools and look at the Styles applied. Can you find where the display: none is being applied from?

Do you have some Javascript code on the page hiding the paging element?

What happens if you comment the line "pagingType": "input",? Do you see the paging element?

Kevin

The display: none is being applied from
    element.style { display: none; }

Do you have some Javascript code on the page hiding the paging element?

I have only scripts to run Datatables and all the extension i need, and the plugin code

What happens if you comment the line "pagingType": "input",? Do you see the paging element?

Yes

See if this SO Thread helps you further dig into the element.style to see where the style is coming from.

Kevin

I tried, it shows nothing, here is the screen of what i see:

You don't have something like this in your code?

$('.dataTables_paginate').css('display', 'none');

Maybe someone else can help but I'm out of ideas without actually seeing the page or a test case with the problem.

Kevin

no, these are the style of .datables_paginate i have overwritten

.dataTables_paginate {
        margin: 5px !important;
    }

.dataTables_wrapper .dataTables_paginate .paginate_button.disabled, .dataTables_wrapper .dataTables_paginate .paginate_button, .dataTables_wrapper .dataTables_paginate .paginate_button.disabled:hover, .dataTables_wrapper .dataTables_paginate .paginate_button.disabled:active {
        color: #2283c5 !important;
        border: 1px solid #e0e8eb !important;
        background: #fafafa !important;
        border-radius: 0 !important;
        margin: 0px !important;
    }

.dataTables_wrapper .dataTables_paginate .paginate_button {
        margin-left: -0.5px !important;
        margin-right: -0.5px !important;
    }

.dataTables_wrapper .dataTables_paginate .paginate_button.current, .dataTables_wrapper .dataTables_paginate .paginate_button.current:hover {
        background-color: #6faed9 !important;
        border-color: #6faed9 !important;
        color: #FFF !important;
        text-shadow: 0 -1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.25) !important;
    }

.dataTables_wrapper .dataTables_paginate .paginate_button:hover {
        color: #2283c5 !important;
        border: 1px solid #e0e8eb !important;
        background-color: #e0e8eb !important;
    }

As you can see there isn't that style.

Maybe, i don't know, is a case of the plugin?

I opened the CDN link and searched for the word none. Didn't find any.

My question was more about hiding the paging input in Javascript.

Since we can't find the source of the style maybe you can override it using initComplete and use $('.dataTables_paginate').css('display', 'block'); in the function.

Kevin

hi,

it works, but...it's without values

it works, but...it's without values

Please build a test case showing the issue so we can help debug.
    https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/10#How-to-provide-a-test-case

Kevin

This discussion has been closed.