AJAX load problem

AJAX load problem

zmh021810zmh021810 Posts: 6Questions: 3Answers: 0

Hi, I am learning the example for how to load the 5k rows:

Link to test case: https://datatables.net/extensions/searchbuilder/examples/performance/searchBuilder5k.html

then I want to do the same thing, so I do all the same thing, u can see the picture, as the end of the html I write the ajax part

the ajax link I use my laptop path: C:/projects/Programming_project/django/ceshi/ajax/data.txt

and in the data.txt file, I just copy the the content from the example ( the 5k rows)

I think everything is OK, but when I run the html, it shows "loading..." and never show the table

Anything i did wrong?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,141Questions: 26Answers: 4,736
    Answer ✓

Web browser's won't allow for ajax loading a local file for security reasons. You will need a webserver to serve the file.

Kevin

• zmh021810zmh021810 Posts: 6Questions: 3Answers: 0

@kthorngren

Thanks for that, OK, seems AJAX does not support local file.

Well, do u know other ways to load large table? currently I have a table with 2700 columns and 500 rows....personally a lit big file

• duckdown2017duckdown2017 Posts: 6Questions: 2Answers: 0

I have the same issue, but I am using an asp.net project connecting to a local ashx page we use in other sections. we load data from this web service with no issues on other pages.
    jqery is this
    $(document).ready(function() {
    $('#example').DataTable( {
    "ajax": {
    "url": "/Shared/WebServiceHandler.ashx?q=GetDataTable",
    "type": "POST"
    },
    "columns": [
    { "data": "Name" },
    { "data": "Account" },
    { "data": "Email" },
    { "data": "Phone" },
    { "data": "Activation Date" }
    ]
    } );
    } );
    stops at Loading...

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,141Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

Look at the browser's console for errors.

Use the browser's network inspector tool to verify the XHR request and response.

Let us know what you find.

Kevin

• duckdown2017duckdown2017 Posts: 6Questions: 2Answers: 0

Thanks for the reply, I have it working now.
    It was my WebServiceHandler that caused the error, the data was not correctly formated as json. I tried to create it manually post back and got the error.
    I then just changed my data to be called by creating a datatable with a query, and then parsing my rows and adding the data to a list of Accounts and then used (vb.net code)
    Dim js = New JavaScriptSerializer()
    Return js.Serialize(Accounts) which sent it back and it worked great.

This discussion has been closed.