SearchBuilder And/Or click refreshes page (SharePoint Online)

SearchBuilder And/Or click refreshes page (SharePoint Online)

2008jackson2008jackson Posts: 38Questions: 9Answers: 0

Greetings,

I've included DataTables to my SharePoint Online website and facing the following trouble.
1. SearchBuilder selection of condition (And/Or) refreshes the page completely. Same when used as Button.
2. Date picker selection (Next/Previous) also refreshes the page completely.

I've pasted my code in Jsfiddle link below. Unable to duplicate the SPO content. Please excuse.
https://jsfiddle.net/zw3do0qn/
Debugger info below.
https://debug.datatables.net/obuzef

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

We would need to see this occurring, as that's not expected behaviour. We don't need the SPO aspect, but we would need a test case that demonstrates a full page refresh. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• Maurizio OrlandiMaurizio Orlandi Posts: 13Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi Colin, I have the same problem in a ASP .NET CORE C# projects Yor example works well, but not in my code. Providing a test case it's complicated because the table is inserted into a big project context.

Thanks.

If you can link to your page, please, that would help us to debug the problem,

Colin

• JLH999JLH999 Posts: 13Questions: 3Answers: 0

Hello -

I love love love dataTables.js !!!

I recently did build of dataTables that included SearchBuilder v1.0.1 ...

The calendar picker buttons previous and next appear to be defined as buttons without type and thus submit the page

As well ... There is a formatting difference (which could wholly be on my side of the configuration) but seems to be a bit off

Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated if you may have seen this before.

I'm going to attempt to add a type attribute to the buttons to keep moving forward ....

We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• 2008jackson2008jackson Posts: 38Questions: 9Answers: 0

Greetings,

I discovered that embedding datatables JS through the CEWP of Sharepoint triggers this issue. Solution to this issue would be to use a custom aspx page fully independent of Sharepoint pages. This fixed my issue. Im able to use both logic operators and buttons without any trouble.

• raghu4othraghu4oth Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

2008jackson : I would be interested in knowing the complete solution for SharePoint online. Can you please let me know.
    I have created a html page that contains jQuery datatable with search builder and uploaded it to asset library. Then, I have created a blank webpart page, added CEWP webpart and linked it to html page that I uploaded earlier. Condition builder, date picker everything is misaligned.