i want to get string with special character like comma in $.fn.dataTable.ext.search.push( function,

i want to get string with special character like comma in $.fn.dataTable.ext.search.push( function,

vigneshpr87vigneshpr87 Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

but i dont get those string. it has escaped.. can you please help to get the comma values too into the $.fn.dataTable.ext.search.push(

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,277Questions: 26Answers: 4,766

Can you provide a simple test case showing the data you have so we can help?
    https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/10#How-to-provide-a-test-case

Or you can debug the second parameter in the search plugin to see what the data is to determine how to get the comma. There should be a standard Javascript method to parse the column data the way you need.

Kevin

• vigneshpr87vigneshpr87 Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited August 2021

No,, i trying to get keyup input box value inside of the $.fn.dataTable.ext.search.push(

Ex: input textbox: 1,2,3,4

$('#testid').val()

but inside $.fn.dataTable.ext.search.push( - i cannot get complete values it can see only 1 so comma (Special charaters it cannot allowed)
    can you please help to solve or guide any other alternative way?

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,277Questions: 26Answers: 4,766

There is nothing special about the search plugin. Here is a very basic example that shows it that using $('#testid').val() will get the full input. This is using the jQuery val() API. Datatables doesn't have an affect on this. IF this example doesn't help then please provide a link to your page or update my example to show the issue.

Kevin