Cascade not filtering when text is seperated in multiple lines

Cascade not filtering when text is seperated in multiple lines

CakeyCakey Posts: 8Questions: 2Answers: 0
edited September 2021 in SearchPanes

Link to test case:
http://live.datatables.net/gukifequ/5/edit

Description of problem:
I don't know if it's an error or maybe I am missing something, but I think you should be able to search with cascade when there's some kind of line break. In my test case I have used "Technical Author" as an example and when you use the cascade to filter it show's no record found even when there's data.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236

Hi @Cakey ,

Thanks for pointing this out, something isn't right there. I've raised an issue internally (DD-2209 for my reference) and will report back here when there is an update.

Thanks,
    Sandy

• CakeyCakey Posts: 8Questions: 2Answers: 0
    edited September 2021

Thank you in advance Sandy.
    If it's possible, I just want to know if you have any idea when I'm printing in portrait mode it cuts one of my columns out, but when printing in landscape it looks fine.
    I tried replicate it, but I can't since it is running with an MS Access database and MSSQL database together...

You can see the first picture cuts my Customer column out in portrait mode while the landscape is fine. I have blurred the text out since it is private information.
    Instead I have pasted most of my code into a test case and some pictures:
    http://live.datatables.net/wiwerite/2/edit

I have a newline function which cuts out the datetime format, but I don't think it has something to do with my newline function since the text looks fine.
    In the end I know I have to try figuring it out, but I just want to know if you have anything in mind :smile:

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

I just tried that with your test case, thanks for that, but I'm seeing all 9 columns whether I'm in portrait or landscape - that's on Ubuntu/Chrome. Please can you provide steps to reproduce in case I'm missing something,

Colin

Hey @colin ,
    I am unable to produce the case to you since I am accessing all data from MS ACCESS database and MSSQL. My only thought is maybe it has to do with the width of the columns since the columns is wider in the pictures than the ones in the test case, but I will try to see if I can make the columns smaller and see if it works.

I just want to mention that I have just been using DataTables recently, but I have been through multiple discussions to search for answers and 99% of the time I got them from you or Sandy in the comments. So I just want to thank you both for all the hard work and for the fast responses.

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236
    Answer ✓

Hi @Cakey ,

For the bug I mentioned above, that should be the issue fixed now as you can see at this example. This will be available in the next DataTables (not SearchPanes) release which we hope will be in the next few weeks. Until then you can access the fix from the nightly builds.

Thanks,
    Sandy

edited September 2021

Thank you so much for the help @sandy :smiley:

You can close the case since this was the problem I had first :)