Data Annotation .NET

Data Annotation .NET

ezdavisezdavis Posts: 35Questions: 3Answers: 0

Is there any data annotation for .NET?

I've worked through setting up a one to many file upload using an mjoin and models. Here is my main model where I have an issue -

public class ProductModel : EditorModel
    {
        public class Product : EditorModel
        {
            public int ProductID { get; set; }
            public string Identifier { get; set; }
            public string Title { get; set; }
        }
    }

When using the model like so

.Model<ProductModel>()

Everything pulls correctly but when I do an update I get the error "Cannot update identity column". I don't want to update this Product table, only my "link" and "image" tables. So from reading through the forum I found I need to use .set(false)

.Field(new Field("Product.ProductID").Set(false))
.Field(new Field("Product.Identifier").Set(false))
.Field(new Field("Product.Title").Set(false))

So, I added these fields and stopped using my model. Which solved my issue and allowed it to work as intended.

Do you have a way of using data annotation in my model? I would love to not have a add fields to each editor where I want to use this model and for any future scenarios that I come across. Would also be great to be able to set the format of the field this way. Thanks!

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    Answer ✓

The Editor models support a limited number of attributes, but not yet one for the get / set properties I'm afraid. They need to be specified via the Field class.

That said, your suggestion is a natural extension of the attributes we provide already so I've added EditorGet(bool) and EditorSet(Field.SetType) attributes for the models. They will be in Editor 2.0.5 which I expect to drop next week.

Regards,
    Allan

• ezdavisezdavis Posts: 35Questions: 3Answers: 0

I'm now using the EditorSet and it's working nicely. Is there also the ability to add SetFormatter and GetFormatter as annotations? Or is there a way to do this already when using a model?

• ezdavisezdavis Posts: 35Questions: 3Answers: 0

More specifically I want to use NullEmpty() to set my field to null instead of trying to insert a blank value which is causing my update to fail.

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Is there also the ability to add SetFormatter and GetFormatter as annotations?

No sorry. At the moment formatters must be specified via the Field class.

Regards,
    Allan