left px not dynamically updated for fixedColumns

left px not dynamically updated for fixedColumns

anusreemnanusreemn Posts: 11Questions: 3Answers: 0

Hi,

My issue is as below:

The columns row-selection checkbox, ID, Version, Status are the pinned to left columns here. I have added a background linear-gradient to td.dtfc-fixed-left::after and scaled using z-index so that all the pinned columns appear in an elevated view than the rest. In particular smaller widths, when i dynamically add more columns to the pinned list (i am basically re-rendering the table), the left values are not properly calculated for the pinnedColumns.

Buggy version-

Expected-

I am making use of autoWidth:true, as otherwise the table headers dont align up with the body cells. Any idea how to resolve this. Also, I could see that column.width doesn't get applied on to fixedColumns. Any clue?

Answers

• anusreemnanusreemn Posts: 11Questions: 3Answers: 0

I just figured a hack.

Added below css, and hence the position:sticky ordered the pinnedColumns in correct alignment.
    th.dtfc-fixed-left, td.dtfc-fixed-left {
    left: auto !important;
    }

My bad, this isn't the appopriate fix. Anyone has any suggestions how to resolve this?

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

edited January 2022

Resolved temporarily with specifying width and min-width for the columns