Responsive Modal (simple and Bootstrap5) - cannot get to function like examples

Responsive Modal (simple and Bootstrap5) - cannot get to function like examples

glimpsed_chaosglimpsed_chaos Posts: 111Questions: 21Answers: 4

I've tried several implementations using the Responsive Modal setup. I cannot seem to get any of them to work.

I have built a codepen using the same JavaScript, HTML and CSS in the example for Bootstrap 5. But the modal ability does not work. I get no button to the left, no modal pop up.

I also tried a "Immediately show hidden details" setup with no luck either. I get no immediately shown hidden details. No pen for that as I modified the one I have to try the Bootstrap 5 option.

I have to be doing something incorrectly, but I cannot see what that is as I am following the examples.

I was sure to setup 2 hidden columns to be sure there was data to display.

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,342Questions: 35Answers: 394
    Answer ✓

Your codepen works for me. Reduce screen width, buttons appear, click button, modal appears showing details of hidden columns.

• glimpsed_chaosglimpsed_chaos Posts: 111Questions: 21Answers: 4
    edited July 2022

I see that now, I did not understand that part but I had to shrink my screen to such a small width it's not usable.

So, is this an option that is not for desktop use but more mobile?

Or, for what I need, how can I implement this at full screen? Essentially, I want the user to be able to click and see more detail regardless of screen width. (I know how to implement child rows but want to use a modal in this case.)

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,342Questions: 35Answers: 394
    Answer ✓

Essentially, I want the user to be able to click and see more detail regardless of screen width.

Responsive doesn't work like that.
    Sounds like child rows would be more appropriate for you. I believe child rows can be displayed in a modal, but i couldn't tell you how. Sorry.

• glimpsed_chaosglimpsed_chaos Posts: 111Questions: 21Answers: 4

Appreciate the clarification. Basically 'Responsive Modal' is not what I need. But a modal is appropriate, probably with a click or double-click event on the row to show the data. I was trying what I thought was what I was looking for and came up in the search.

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,141Questions: 26Answers: 4,736
    Answer ✓

This example shows how to get the data for the clicked row.

Kevin