The search doesn't work with certain searchterms.

The search doesn't work with certain searchterms.

megabitemegabite Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

I've updated to the latest version, but the same issue remains.

We have a list of products that is displayed with the datatables. There are 300-350 products in the list.

If you use the search bar, you will find most products when typing more then 3 letters. Or atleast it will start to filter down.

I've got a product called 'Koekenpan groot, 28cm' and 'Steelpan Ikea met deksel, 2 liter' for example. I can find 1 of them when I search 'Koe' OR 'Gro' OR 'Ste', but if I search 'pan' I don't get any results - an empty list. I should get 3 results, as there are 3 types of pans in the product list.

Other seaches that are with parts of a word work fine.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,129Questions: 26Answers: 4,916
    Answer ✓

I copied your two examples into this test case:
    http://live.datatables.net/tobuwepe/1/edit

Searching for pan works. There is something more to your data than just what you posted above. Are you usging server side processing? If yes then the server script will need to be debugged. Can you post a link to your page or a test case sowing the issue so we can take a look?
    https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/10#How-to-provide-a-test-case

Kevin

• megabitemegabite Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

I'm sorry, I can't provide access. But your comment did give me an idea to check the data in the database more closely. There was some weird chars there, maybe some charset issue or something. All data was entered by the client. And this issue seemed to come from a specific set of products where the product information was copied from the same pdf. After manually typing several of the product names and testing again, the problem seemed to have been resolved. We will be cleaning up the input data a bit more.