Formidable Forms & CloudTables

Formidable Forms & CloudTables

schaffaschaffa Posts: 25Questions: 6Answers: 0

I understand how to create a View from a form in Formidable Forms, and then make that useable as a Datatable.

Is it possible to use CloudTables in the same way?

The Editor and all those awesome options are what I need but I can’t find anything/anywhere about how to make it possible.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,697Questions: 1Answers: 10,102 Site admin
    edited January 2023

You could use the CloudTables API to insert information from the form into the CloudTable data set. I don't expect it to be particularly trivial though, as that isn't a work flow that I've currently optimised. I've largely assumed that if you are entering information into CloudTables you would be doing it through its own interface, unless you are scripting data input, in which case the API is there.

Do Formidable offer something that CloudTables' forms doesn't which you need?

Allan

• schaffaschaffa Posts: 25Questions: 6Answers: 0

I am still wanting to use DataTables!:)

Using the DataTables (CloudTables) interface, am I able to have each user edit their own data (by row)?

I would also like to have users be shown/filtered to multiple lists

Using Formidable Forms I am able to do this but DataTables would make it looks sooo much better with improved functionality

You can use conditional access to apply a "WHERE" condition to the data, so that each user can only see their own data.

Also, if you want to display the data from a dataset in something other than a DataTable, you can use the API to get the raw data and then render it how ever you like.

Regards,
    Allan

Thank you Allan for the quick reply!

I am testing out CloudTables right now!

Is it possible to show the filter data to multiple lists, for example:
    Company 1
    Company 2
    Etc

I would imagine some way of filtering

You can add SearchBuilder and / or SearchPanes to the table if that is what you mean?

Allan

„Do Formidable offer something that CloudTables' forms doesn't which you need?„

Cascading drop-downs for Country/City

Got it thanks. Per one of your other threads, that is something we'll add in future, but it is likely some time of I'm sorry to say due to other on going development.

Allan

I think it would be a great benefit to DataTable/CloudTable if there were a way to create a simple way to connect fields from a form builder to DataTable datasets.

WPDataTables does exactly this but lacks the customization that DataTables itself has.

It doesn’t need to be complex, just a user-friendly way to connect a field to a datapoint.

It would bring a whole different user base

If you can get the data in a JSON format from Formidable, then you could readily use DataTables to display the data.

Allan

I can get that JSON format from FF. Are there documentation for CLoudTables ie where the data goes?

„ If you can get the data in a JSON format from Formidable, then you could readily use DataTables to display the data.“

But am I able to do so on CloudTables….:)

No - CloudTables can display data only from its own database. You can manually import JSON data to a dataset, but it cannot display data from an external feed.

DataTables would be used for such a task.

Allan