Column filtering: incorrect work on a mobile device

Column filtering: incorrect work on a mobile device

ZelFerZelFer Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

https://datatables.net/extensions/fixedheader/examples/options/columnFiltering.html

On a mobile device, when you try to enter in the filter field, the keyboard flashes and data entry is not possible. What to do with it?

Replies

• rf1234rf1234 Posts: 2,810Questions: 85Answers: 406

It works with my phone. I have a Google Pixel 4a and I run the latest Chrome version and Android 13.

• chocchoc Posts: 15Questions: 2Answers: 1

I have this problem when I have my iPhone in landscape mode. But in portrait mode this problem does not occur.
    This is because the setting:
    fixedHeader: true,
    which causes the screen to be blocked by the header at the top, resulting in less space for the keyboard in landscape mode. That's why the keyboard is flashing and not showing.

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,437Questions: 26Answers: 4,797
    edited September 2023

@choc I just tried the example linked to above with an iPhone in landscape mode. I didn't notice any issues with the keyboard flashing. Do you have issues with the example or only in your environment?

What iOS version and browser version are you using?

If the problem is with your environment then make sure you have the proper styling integration files for the style framework being used by using the Download Builder. If you still need help then please post a link to your page or a test case replicating the issue. If you can replicate the problem with the above link then provide the steps needed to see the issue.

Kevin

• chocchoc Posts: 15Questions: 2Answers: 1

@kthorngren Sorry, I forgot to turn on the notification.

So far I can still see this issue with iPhone 14 Pro iOS version 16.7 using Chrome and Safari.

To reproduce the problem, make sure the header is displayed at the top (you need to scroll down until it is docked at the top) and then try typing, the keyboard will not show or flash ( depends)

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,437Questions: 26Answers: 4,797

Got it. Thanks for the clarification. I can reproduce the issue now. Once in that condition a slight horizontal scroll seems to fix it. Then it works going forward.

@allan will need to take a look to debug.

Kevin