UI Distortion while individual column searching.

UI Distortion while individual column searching.

narendravnarendrav Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0
edited October 2023 in Free community support

I am having data Table with more than 100 columns using server side processing. I have added individual column searching on all the columns. On the extreme right column of visible space if we search anything and remove the search text the UI is getting distorted as shown in the screenshot: -

This is getting correct when we do any click or interact with the page again.
Can anyone help me like why the Data Table is getting distorted.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,280Questions: 1Answers: 10,425 Site admin

Have you got scrollX enabled? If not, try enabling that.

If that doesn't resolve it, I'd need a link to a page showing the issue so I can debug it. Scrolling table misalignment is always difficult!

Allan

• narendravnarendrav Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

Yes I have enabled that.
    Sorry I can't give you the URL. because for that I need to give you credentials also. And It is a private site I am working on. Can you suggest me some help, so that I can do brute force on my own.

• allanallan Posts: 63,280Questions: 1Answers: 10,425 Site admin

Does it pop into alignment if you resize the window? That would suggest that you need to call columns.adjust().

If you have images loading, that might cause the misalignment. Or perhaps the input elements in the header. I'm honestly not sure without being able to see it.

Allan

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,193Questions: 26Answers: 4,925

Here are a few suggestions:

1.Make sure you are using the correct style integration files for the style framework you are using. Use the Download Builder for this.
    2. Sounds like when you clear the search the issue happens. As a work around maybe use columns.adjust() in the search event.
    3. You can PM Allan with the credentials by clicking on his name in this thread.
    4. Possibly you can replicate your environment and issue by building a simple test case with a large number of columns. You can use a server side processing template found here.

Kevin