≡

fieldInfo and labelInfo no longer display in Editor v3

fieldInfo and labelInfo no longer display in Editor v3

dabrolgadabrolga Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

These worked fine on my sites with Editor v2.5.1 but in v3.1.1 the divs are set to display: none; so of course they don't display. In datatables.css the following "Added in v3" lines were added in v3:

div.DTE_Field label div.DTE_Label_Info {
  display: none;  /* Added in v3 */
  font-size: 0.85em;
  margin-top: 0.25em;
}


div.DTE_Field div.DTE_Field_Info,
div.DTE_Field div.DTE_Field_Message,
div.DTE_Field div.DTE_Field_Error {
  display: none;
  font-size: 11px;  /* Added in v3 */
  line-height: 1em;
  margin-top: 5px;
}

I cannot see any event or CSS that displays the div and there are no console errors. My fix is to add the following to my CSS:

div.DTE_Field div.DTE_Field_Info:not(:empty),
div.DTE_Field label div.DTE_Label_Info:not(:empty) {
 display: block;
}

Example usage is:

        fields: [
            {
                label: "Obstacles:",
                name: "ob",
                labelInfo: "Optional to auto. calc.",
                fieldInfo: "Enter obstacle points in order eg.: " + example,
            },
        ]

I am happy with my fix, so this is for your information only.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

  • allanallan Posts: 66,060Questions: 1Answers: 10,999 Site admin

    Hi,

    Many thanks for flagging this up. I've recreated the error in this little test case.

    I had thought that I'd fixed this in 3.0.2, but it looks like I fixed one part, and not this one....!

    I'll dig into it and post back when fixed.

    Allan

  • allanallan Posts: 66,060Questions: 1Answers: 10,999 Site admin
    Answer ✓

    I've just committed a fix for this error and the nightly now has the fix. I'll publish a patch release soon with the change as well.

    Thanks again for letting me know about the error!

    Allan

  • dabrolgadabrolga Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

    Thanks for all your hard work Allan. Have to say updating from v2 to v3 has been relatively painless.

  • allanallan Posts: 66,060Questions: 1Answers: 10,999 Site admin

    Awesome - delighted to hear that it has been a straightforward upgrade :).

    Allan

Sign In or Register to comment.