fieldInfo and labelInfo no longer display in Editor v3
fieldInfo and labelInfo no longer display in Editor v3
in Bug reports
These worked fine on my sites with Editor v2.5.1 but in v3.1.1 the divs are set to display: none; so of course they don't display. In datatables.css the following "Added in v3" lines were added in v3:
div.DTE_Field label div.DTE_Label_Info {
display: none; /* Added in v3 */
font-size: 0.85em;
margin-top: 0.25em;
}
div.DTE_Field div.DTE_Field_Info,
div.DTE_Field div.DTE_Field_Message,
div.DTE_Field div.DTE_Field_Error {
display: none;
font-size: 11px; /* Added in v3 */
line-height: 1em;
margin-top: 5px;
}
I cannot see any event or CSS that displays the div and there are no console errors. My fix is to add the following to my CSS:
div.DTE_Field div.DTE_Field_Info:not(:empty),
div.DTE_Field label div.DTE_Label_Info:not(:empty) {
display: block;
}
Example usage is:
fields: [
{
label: "Obstacles:",
name: "ob",
labelInfo: "Optional to auto. calc.",
fieldInfo: "Enter obstacle points in order eg.: " + example,
},
]
I am happy with my fix, so this is for your information only.
This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer
Answers
Hi,
Many thanks for flagging this up. I've recreated the error in this little test case.
I had thought that I'd fixed this in 3.0.2, but it looks like I fixed one part, and not this one....!
I'll dig into it and post back when fixed.
Allan
I've just committed a fix for this error and the nightly now has the fix. I'll publish a patch release soon with the change as well.
Thanks again for letting me know about the error!
Allan
Thanks for all your hard work Allan. Have to say updating from v2 to v3 has been relatively painless.
Awesome - delighted to hear that it has been a straightforward upgrade
.
Allan