Tabletool bug with exporting non-english characters

Tabletool bug with exporting non-english characters

awaitingmailawaitingmail Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited October 2011 in TableTools
We are trying DataTables and noticed a strange problem today.. Not sure if someone else has run into this before but any insight you can provide will be very very much appreciated..

I have a table with about 6 columns and rows with German words in it...

When using the TableTools plugin and trying to export to CSV or Excel, some of the words in the rows export correctly , and some do not download completely - don't know why this is the case.

Eg. when the text is "Allgäu apartments" it exports correctly.. .however for the keyword "apartments allgäu", the download file only says "apartments allg". All keywords containing "allgäu" in their text string at the end have the same problem.

Do you know why the last two characters are missing for those keyword? First I assumed it has to do with the special character. However that doesn't make sense as Allgäu apartments and other terms have no issue with the special character.

Replies

• awaitingmailawaitingmail Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I was wondering if anyone could share their experience with trying to export non-english characters using TableTools and if they've faced a similar issue?

Thanks in advance!
    Amail
  • allanallan Posts: 63,161Questions: 1Answers: 10,406 Site admin
    TableTools should work just fine with UTF8 character in all aspects apart from PDF export (which simply will not work due to a limitation in the PDF library).

One thing to check - have you got charset="utf8" on all of your SCRIPT tags? If so, and it still doesn't work, can you give us a link to the page please?

Allan
This discussion has been closed.