Copy / Csv export returns 0 rows only in IE

Copy / Csv export returns 0 rows only in IE

corpocorpo Posts: 14Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited January 2014 in TableTools
Hi,

I'm getting a very strange result. Tabletools is working fine with Firefox, copy, csv and pdf export works well.
But in IE, I do have the buttons, everythings seems fine (no errors, no 404 files, etc...) but exports are empty ("Table copied. Copied 0 rows to the clipboard.").

I do not have filtering or row selection enabled, I just can't find where the problem is. Using tabletools 2.1.4 or 2.1.5 leads to the same results

Debug datas are here : http://debug.datatables.net/aqagas

I'm really puzzled. I tried debugging JS, calls to clip.clearText() inside _fnFlashSetText or clip.appendText( asData[i] ) if I comment out the clearText() call never return. No JS error at all. Call seems to die inside this.movie.clearText() in ZeroClipboard.js

This happens in a local web server (with a FQDN) or online with a real domain name.

Flash buttons are loaded, working but for a strange reason no data is passed to them; and that only in IE

Any clue ? Am I alone with this strange problem ?

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,650Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin
    Is this happening for you in my examples as well: http://datatables.net/release-datatables/extras/TableTools/index.html ?

Allan
  • corpocorpo Posts: 14Questions: 0Answers: 0
    No in your examples pages it is working fine (Table copied. Copied 57 rows to the clipboard.)

I can't find what I made differently. Table is in a tab, api calls are made accordingly to fire when the table is currently displayed
  • allanallan Posts: 61,650Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin
    We'd need a link to the page in that case I'm afraid.

Allan
    Well, the issue is related to the tabs.
    I though this was not the case as the flash button was there, and at the right place. But there's something wrong with this assumption ...

Thank you for having a look at my problem! You can close this discussion now
  • ant87ant87 Posts: 9Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi,

I also having this issue with IE "Copied O rows to the clipboard" works fine in Chrome, Firefox, could you elaborate on how you fixed this problem?
    ant87 I'm sorry I can't remember what I did, but that was due to a modification I made
  • ant87ant87 Posts: 9Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Thanks for the reply corpo.

I have managed to fix my issue too after a bit of head banging, my issue was that I had rendered the table tools outside of the sdom by using Jquery append method. I had done this within the "fndrawcallback" event and this didn't work in IE but worked in the other browsers, moving this code to the "fnInitComplete" event fixed the IE issue.
  • rishulmattarishulmatta Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I am facing the same issue in ie 9 but in chrome it works fine. When i open the examples of this site on IE it works ok, but when on my local server it works only in case of chrome not IE! pls help
    The buttons have to be in a visible place when they are rendered, otherwise this causes this issue in IE.

The problem I had appeared when I put a class to hide the content before the tabs I use were rendered, to avoid a FOUC effect. Simply removing this class made everything work again ...
  • farhatfarhat Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi,

I'm displaying dataTable with columns in which data is rendering in this format
    Douglas 07/01/2013 03/10/2014 1/4 0/5
    While exporting to "CSV" or "XLS" it convert and display last two column values as date strings. Please help.
This discussion has been closed.