Using DataTables with EmberJS / Handlebars: rows().invalidate() doesn't read data from DOM

Using DataTables with EmberJS / Handlebars: rows().invalidate() doesn't read data from DOM

Adry1Adry1 Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited June 2015 in Free community support

Hello everybody,

I am stuck in my attempt to use a DOM-sourced DataTable with Handlebars in an Ember application.
What I'd like to achieve is that a table in DOM gets filled dynamically using Handlebars, and the DataTable adjusts based on the recent DOM manipulations.

I am starting with an empty HTML table. The model array is empty initially.

<table id="labelsTable" class="table table-striped table-hover dt-responsive">
    <thead>
        <tr>
            <th class="text-left">Name</th>
            <th class="text-center">Type</th>
            <th class="text-right">Quantity</th>
        </tr>
    </thead>
    <tbody>
    {{#each label in model}}
        <tr>
            <td class="text-nowrap text-left">{{label.id}}</td>
            <td class="text-nowrap text-center">{{label.type}}</td>
            <td class="text-nowrap text-right">{{label.quantity}}</td>
        </tr>
    {{/each}}
    </tbody>
</table>

Then upon a button click the model array gets filled and this triggers filling the table's DOM with some new rows.

Finally I am trying to synchronize DOM changes using rows().invalidate() and redraw the table. But in fact the synchronization runs in the opposite direction: the DOM gets cleared and the table is finally just empty.

Here I found a statement from Allan regarding the rows().invalidate():

By default it will automatically detect if your original data source is DOM or an object. It will assume that the original is the most up-to-date and therefore update the other. i.e. if your table is DOM sourced and you update the DOM, then call invalidate() it will read the data from the DOM.

It works another way in my case.
What am I doing wrong?

Appreciate your replies,
Andre

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,690Questions: 1Answers: 10,101 Site admin
    Answer ✓

rows().invalidate() will invalidate the row rows that DataTables knows about only. My guess is that you are adding new rows to the table, which must be done with the API (rows.add()). There is no way to invalidate the tbody at the moment, so new rows are added dynamically - it must be done via the API.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.