Responsive plugin errors on resize

Responsive plugin errors on resize

zyrolastingzyrolasting Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0
edited August 2015 in Free community support

Hi!

When resizing the viewport using the Responsive plugin, the console floods with Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'style' of undefined.

In the debug release of DataTables the break occurs on line 4166, which is line 4 in the snippet below. headerCells[i] is undefined since visibleColumns is larger than headerCells.

for ( i=0 ; i<visibleColumns.length ; i++ ) {
    column = columns[ visibleColumns[i] ];

headerCells[i].style.width = column.sWidthOrig !== null && column.sWidthOrig !== '' ?
        _fnStringToCss( column.sWidthOrig ) :
        '';
}

We confirmed that our configuration contains no trailing commas in the IE8 case, and this reproduces in Chrome 44.

We do not get the Warning: possible column misalignment message, but I am reading through apparently relevant technical notes anyway. My initial guess is that our issue is that we are using scrollY but not scrollX.

I am not comfortable using the DataTables debugger because the table contains proprietary data that I don't want the bookmarklet to upload, but I can at least show you (part of) our config to see if there's something wrong with it.

{
    retrieve: true,
    destroy: true,
    processing: false,
    serverSide: true,
    searchDelay: 1000,
    autoHeight: false,
    bDeferRender: true,
    iDisplayLength: defaultPageSize, // computed
    oScroller: {
      'loadingIndicator': true
    },
    scrollCollapse: true,
    dom: 'frtiS',
    sScrollY:  defaultScrollY, // computed
    responsive: true,
    language: {
        processing: "Loading..."
    }
}

Will update as I go, but are there any other leads that I should investigate?

Answers

• zyrolastingzyrolasting Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

The issue was that we did not perform necessary adjustments to the table configuration after defining sScrollY. Issue resolved by adding bAutoWidth: false and $(window).resize(dt.columns.adjust().draw)

• allanallan Posts: 63,234Questions: 1Answers: 10,417 Site admin

Could you try using the DataTables 1.10.8-dev nightly please? That should resolve the issue.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.