Maximum number of records

Maximum number of records

SujalSujal Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hi,
Can I know, what is the maximum number of records can datatables handle in a request.
For eg, I am creating a application which has 40 tables. At-least 15 tables will have more than 300,00,000 records.
I am implementing datatables in zend framework.

Will datatables handle 3lack records ? can someone kindly let me know if you has the same problem. Is yes what how is the performance ?
thanks in advance.

Replies

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,365Questions: 39Answers: 395

what is the maximum number of records can datatables handle in a request.

That's going to vary from one application to another. The number of rows is not the only consideration.

• SujalSujal Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0

@tangerine thanks for the reply.

An update to my post. Upon searching, I found that server-side processing will reduce the time to load the page.
    http://legacy.datatables.net/usage/server-side

I have implemented this also, I got no errors. But the time taken to load the page is same 20sec.

• allanallan Posts: 63,262Questions: 1Answers: 10,424 Site admin

See the FAQs.

If you have problems with server-side processing, please follow the forum rules and link to a test case.

Allan

@allan thanks a lot for the reply.

I have gone through the FAQs. I haven't got the solution yet. I have implemented the below code.

$(document).ready(function() {
    $('#example').dataTable( {
    "bProcessing": true,
    "sServerSide": true,
    "sAjaxSource": "../examples_support/server_processing.php"
    } );
    } )

I am testing in my localhost. I have inserted 10,000 records for testing now. But in real scenario i have more than 2 million record in a table.

For this 10,000 records it takes 10sec for loading the page.
    Kindly let me know if you need any further info.

Did you also fully implement server-side processing at the server side? See the manual. If that doesn't help, please link to a test case as I indicated in my last post.

Allan

@allan thanks again.

I have fully implemented server side processing. I referred this link for implementing that.
    http://forge.cbp.ens-lyon.fr/redmine/projects/hyperdonat/repository/entry/tei/js/DataTables-1.7.4/examples/examples_support/server_processing.php

and you have asked me "link to a test case", I am completely not aware what that is . .

and you have asked me "link to a test case", I am completely not aware what that is . .

A link to the page you are working on. Without that I don't think we can offer any help.

Also the link you give above is for DataTables 1.7.4. A very old version of DataTables. Try using the scripts that come with DataTables 1.10.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.