Can't get JSON Response to show in table

Can't get JSON Response to show in table

itsagygeritsagyger Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

I have been trying to get my table to work for 3 days now, and I know that I am close, but can't figure out what is wrong. I return the JSON from the server, but DT is not populating the data. What am I doing wrong?
Debugger Link: http://debug.datatables.net/ohiwid

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,920Questions: 1Answers: 10,153 Site admin

You have enabled server-side processing, but have not actually implemented server-side processing at the server (see the manual).

However, do you actually need server-side processing? See also the manual for the processing modes.

Allan

• itsagygeritsagyger Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

To start with, yes. I need server-side processing. I have a database on a different server that has 300,000 records that I have to work with.

Also, being a newbie to this product (and to webapps), please help me to understand... when you say I haven't implemented server-side processing at the server, what specifically do you mean? Are you just saying that I haven't sent all the parameters and haven't got all the options back from the server? Or do you mean something else? I apologize for my naivete... I just want to understand.

• allanallan Posts: 61,920Questions: 1Answers: 10,153 Site admin

just saying that I haven't sent all the parameters and haven't got all the options back from the server?

The server isn't returning the required data. Specifically it is missing the draw, recordsTotal and recordsFiltered parameters that are noted in the documentation.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.