As I can expand the number of records in datatable > 1500 records, (excuse my English)

As I can expand the number of records in datatable > 1500 records, (excuse my English)

diazvjosetomasdiazvjosetomas Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hi I have a little problem, I have an application that contains more than 2000 records, but the datatable limits me much to show, only shows me 1500 and not where configure or if you can set this up, I can not show them the application for this native, but I leave this to observe my problem ... thanks in advance,

http://dinsigroup.com.ve/img/imagen.png

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,665Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin

DataTables has no limit on the number of records that can be shown. Here is an example which shows 5 million rows. It uses Scroller and server-side processing, but the point is that there is no limit. So if something is limiting your table, it shouldn't be DataTables core.

We would need a link to a page showing the issue to be able to offer any help debugging it.

Allan

• diazvjosetomasdiazvjosetomas Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited October 2014

This is how we initialize the datatable, will this error, this will be very basic code and so I do not show more than 1500 records?

$(document).ready(function() {
        $('#example').DataTable( {
            dom: 'T<"clear">lfrtip',
            tableTools: {
                "sSwfPath": "./extras/TableTools/media/swf/copy_csv_xls_pdf.swf"
            }
        } );
    } );

• allanallan Posts: 61,665Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin

Okay, so you are reading the information from the DOM. That is a slow process and I would recommend you switch to Ajax loading the data, or if you have 5 million rows, then use server-side processing.

As I say, there is no hard limit in DataTables anywhere - changing from 1500 to 1501 rows in a table will not result in an error unless your browser's Javascript engine thinks it is taking too long to run.

Allan

• diazvjosetomasdiazvjosetomas Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0

Allan really thank you very much for taking some of your time and solve my doubts, very grateful, I turned out very well using server-side processing.

This discussion has been closed.