New datatable 1.10.7 breaks "bootstrap" pagination type.

New datatable 1.10.7 breaks "bootstrap" pagination type.

ronnypmronnypm Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited June 2015 in Free community support

Hi all,

Wondering if there is anyone else who has problem initializing boostrap with "boostrap" pagination type on the latest 1.10.7 Datatables.

I managed to replicate the issue on this fiddle link : https://jsfiddle.net/hf5hj0qh/1/

This is a small chunk of the code that I have been using for quite some time to initialize datatable, but it suddenly breaks on the latest update.

Open the developer console to see the error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'fnInit' of undefined

Answers

• ronnypmronnypm Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

More specifically, if you open the developer console when visiting the fiddle page, you will see "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'fnInit' of undefined" error.

• allanallan Posts: 61,840Questions: 1Answers: 10,134 Site admin

Don't set the sPaginationType option to bootstrap in 1.10+ (updated example).

The paging plug-ins were updated in 1.10 to provide renderers so you can use the default built in options of pagingType with the Bootstrap styling.

Allan

• dimkanewtowndimkanewtown Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Ran into the same issue when upgrading from 10.5 to 10.7.

• dimkanewtowndimkanewtown Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

had to roll back to 10.5, removing "bootstrap" pagination type totally changed the styling of the pagination control and broke my custom styling. :(

This discussion has been closed.