I'm delighted to announce a major update to the DataTables site, and almost all of the extensions for DataTables.
I've posted a summary of the changes in the blog, and I'm post more in the blog delving into some of the details of the new features and plug-ins in the coming days.
As a super quick summary:
- Download builder
- Full support for Bootstrap, Foundation and jQuery UI across all extensions
- Editor 1.5 - Multi-row editing
- New extensions:
- Buttons - replaces TableTools' buttons and ColVis - HTML5 export!
- Select - replaces TableTools' row selection options - much nicer API
- RowReorder - new extension that does what the name suggests
- AutoFill - Fill rows and columns with like data with Editor integration
- KeyTable - Spreadsheet like keyboard navigation for the table
- FixedHeader - new drawing method
All extensions now require IE8+ or one of the evergreen browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari and Opera) and many require DataTables 1.10.8 which is also now available. A compatibility table shows the requirements and compatibility of extensions in detail.
Inevitably with such a complex release there will be issues. Please bare with me while I sort them out. If you do find any bugs, please open a new thread with details so we can track individual cases.
And with all that said, the most important thing is to enjoy the new software :-)