PDF Html5 Buttons Hebrew chars disappear

PDF Html5 Buttons Hebrew chars disappear

malevskimalevski Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello,

I'm using Buttons for PDF export with pdfmaker and works fine with English characters, but with Hebrew the information it's not presented in the exported file. It's working fine for the print functionality, but not for the PDF. Any ideas would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Answers

  • allanallan Posts: 54,208Questions: 1Answers: 8,458 Site admin

    Thanks for your question - however, per the forum rules can you link to a test case showing the issue please. This will allow the issue to be debugged.

    Information on how to create a test page, if you can't provide a link to your own page can be found here.

    Thanks,
    Allan

  • malevskimalevski Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

    Hello Allan!

    Thank you for your answer. I have made a small prototype just to explain the case.

    I have uploaded it here:

    http://rubberduck.xyz/tests/test.html

    The pdf button on the top it's not styled, please excuse me about that.

    Thanks in advance for your help!

  • allanallan Posts: 54,208Questions: 1Answers: 8,458 Site admin

    Thanks very much!

    I think the issue here might be that the default font that pdfmake uses does not contain the required characters. Could you try creating a font file that you know does using the instructions in their wiki and see how that goes?

    Thanks,
    Allan

  • malevskimalevski Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

    Thanks, I have an issue making custom font, so I have post an issue in their git repo. I will update once I find an answer, how I can change the font with Hebrew supported one. Because currently I'm getting Uncaught Error: No unicode cmap for font

  • allanallan Posts: 54,208Questions: 1Answers: 8,458 Site admin

    Interesting - I'll try to have a go myself soon.

    I doubt you'll get a response in github there - the project appears to be on pause at the moment.

    Allan

  • malevskimalevski Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

    Allan this is the issue I have posted, if this is gonna help you:

    https://github.com/bpampuch/pdfmake/issues/542

    The problem is that, I got an error for the Unicode support.

This discussion has been closed.