Only Print button displays on all browsers

Only Print button displays on all browsers

CraigJCraigJ Posts: 29Questions: 12Answers: 2

I have tried Ie (Edge) Chrome and FireFox. I have not tried Safari.

I am using JQuery UI.

I think I am loading everything I need:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href=",pdfmake-0.1.18,dt-1.10.12,af-2.1.2,b-1.2.0,b-colvis-1.2.0,b-flash-1.2.0,b-html5-1.2.0,b-print-1.2.0,r-2.1.0,rr-1.1.2,sc-1.4.2,se-1.2.0/datatables.min.css"/>

<s c r i p t type="text/javascript" src=",pdfmake-0.1.18,dt-1.10.12,af-2.1.2,b-1.2.0,b-colvis-1.2.0,b-flash-1.2.0,b-html5-1.2.0,b-print-1.2.0,r-2.1.0,rr-1.1.2,sc-1.4.2,se-1.2.0/datatables.min.js"></s c r i p t>

Here is my init code:

        "paging":           false,
        "ordering":         true,
        "createdRow":       function ( row, data, index ) {
                                $(row)  .attr('id', 'row_'+c9.orderguide.row)
                                        .data('row', c9.orderguide.row)
                                        .attr('data-row', c9.orderguide.row)
                                        .data('item', data[1])
                                        .attr('data-item', data[1])
                                        .data('uom', data[2])
                                        .attr('data-uom', data[2]);
                                return row;
        "columnDefs":   [
                                "targets": [ 0, 1, 2],
                                "visible": false
                                "targets": [0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10],
                                "orderable": false
                                "targets": [ 8, 9 ],
                                "className": "textright",
                                "visible": false
                                "targets": 4,
                                "className": "reorder"
                                "targets": [4,6],   responsivePriority: 1
                                "targets": 10,  responsivePriority: 2
        responsive: true,
        buttons: [
            'copy', 'csv', 'excel', 'pdf', 'print'
        rowReorder: {
            selector: '.reorder'

    c9.orderguide.dataTable.buttons().container().insertBefore( '#dt_orderguide_filter' );

I have read some of the other posts that say things like "works in Chrome, but not in FIreFox", etc. In my case Only the print button appears.

Hopefully you can see something stupid I'm doing. If not I will need to load the code onto an external server so you can see it.


This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer


  • allanallan Posts: 58,914Questions: 1Answers: 9,485 Site admin

    Thanks for your question - however, per the forum rules can you link to a test case showing the issue please. This will allow the issue to be debugged.

    Information on how to create a test page, if you can't provide a link to your own page can be found here.


  • CraigJCraigJ Posts: 29Questions: 12Answers: 2
    edited May 2016

    Yeah, I was hoping I was doing something stupid that would be readily apparent.

    http://dev DAWT vieleandsons DAWT com/orderguide/

    login info:


  • allanallan Posts: 58,914Questions: 1Answers: 9,485 Site admin
    Answer ✓

    DAWT :-). I've removed the login info so it isn't retained "for prosperity".

    Looking at the code there is a bit of a discrepancy between the CSS that is included and the Javascript. The CSS build string has the HTML and Flash export buttons in it, but the JS build string doesn't!

    This is the build information from the Javascript file:

     * To rebuild or modify this file with the latest versions of the included
     * software please visit:
     * Included libraries:
     *   DataTables 1.10.11, Buttons 1.1.2, Column visibility 1.1.2, Print view 1.1.2, Responsive 2.0.2, RowReorder 1.1.1, Scroller 1.4.1

    If you head back to the downloader with the URL from above and select the export button types (Flash and HTML if you want both), then use the new URL, that should address the issue.


  • CraigJCraigJ Posts: 29Questions: 12Answers: 2

    All good, thanks. That was a stumper. I found an errant include file that had the old JS even though I had updated the code with the new link. Never would have found that. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.