how to vertically reposition sort icons that span two rows?

how to vertically reposition sort icons that span two rows?

newton10471newton10471 Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

I'm building a datatable with a complex header, like described here, and I want the sort icons to appear in the middle of the bottom row rather than in the middle of the two rows (i.e., pull them down a bit). Any ideas on how to do that? Thanks in advance for any help.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,075Questions: 1Answers: 10,384 Site admin
    edited June 2016

Can you show me a picture of what you have, and ideally a mockup of what you want? I don't quite get "middle of the bottom row".

DataTables should have the sort icons on the bottom row of the header by default.

Allan

• newton10471newton10471 Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Here's what it looks like. Rather than Column1, 2, and 8 having their sort icons positioned above the others in Columns 3-7, I'd rather they all just be the same as for 3-7.

• allanallan Posts: 63,075Questions: 1Answers: 10,384 Site admin
    Answer ✓
    table.dataTable thead th {
          background-position: bottom right !important;
    }

Allan

• newton10471newton10471 Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thanks Allan. It turns out that pulls all of the sort icons to the bottom of the 2nd row, which isn't exactly what I want - I wanted them all to line up in the middle of the 2nd row. But you gave me an idea: instead I created a class like this, and just added that class to each of the columns (1, 2, & 8) that occupies the two rows, and it works the way I want:

table.dataTable thead th.my-datatables-class {
         background-position: right 85% !important;
    }

Thanks very much for your help!

This discussion has been closed.