if i want to use both like select and input field in multiple filter option then what should i do ?

if i want to use both like select and input field in multiple filter option then what should i do ?

zalamzalam Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,715Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin
    Answer ✓

The two column filtering examples use a simple loop (columns().every()) and loop over each column and blindly use either a text or select input. You would need to insert some logic into that loop to decide which one is to be used, basic on whatever conditions it is that you want for each to be used.

Allan

• zalamzalam Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited October 2016

thanks allan for answering can you give me some example and links please any demo which use input fields like text box and select dropdown becuase i am new user of datatable

Yes, very happy to provide an example under the support options.

Allan

• zalamzalam Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

how to use multi filter column option with server side processing in php and mysql

You'd probably need to move the code into the initComplete callback. Note that if you want to use a select element you would also need to have the information that you want to display in it in the JSON data from the server (since, obviously, with server-side processing, the full list of options isn't available at the client-side).

Allan

This discussion has been closed.