Catch Table Load Error

Catch Table Load Error

BoSmithBoSmith Posts: 23Questions: 6Answers: 0

Hi Allan,
When I get the table loading error pop up box, (Requested unknown parameter '14' for row 5, column 14. For more information about this error, please see http://datatables.net/tn/4) with the id parameter set to an integer, I know there is a mismatch in the row*col total. I want to catch that error and display a better message to the user. I am pretty sure to use the starter code:

table.on( 'xhr', function ( e, settings, json ) { console.log( 'Ajax event occurred. Returned data: ', json ); } );

I have not been able to find a good example on how to show the user the error before the standard dialog box appears. I just want to state to the user that for example Row 5 is missing an entry and give the details in a more user-friendly format without the default error box showing.
Thanks as always,
bo

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Thanks for your question - however, per the forum rules can you link to a test case showing the issue please. This will allow the issue to be debugged.

Information on how to create a test page, if you can't provide a link to your own page can be found here.

Thanks,
    Allan

This discussion has been closed.