PdfHtml5 – count rows on eatch page

PdfHtml5 – count rows on eatch page

smichaelxxsmichaelxx Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi,
I have a question is it possibile to add information about how many rows in tables on each pages exist when exporting to pdf for example. in footer?

Answers

• rf1234rf1234 Posts: 2,809Questions: 85Answers: 406

use "messageBottom" as described here: https://datatables.net/reference/button/pdf

Don't know how to count the records per page when exporting. @allan: can you help with this please

• allanallan Posts: 61,972Questions: 1Answers: 10,160 Site admin

messageButton can be given as a function so you could do something like:

messageBottom: function () {
      return 'Rows shown: '+myTable.rows().count();
    }

Allan

• rf1234rf1234 Posts: 2,809Questions: 85Answers: 406

Thanks @allan! This doesn't count the records per page but the records of the entire document. Which is fine for me but not @smichaelxx 's question I guess.

@smichaelxx: Don't you have the same amount of records on every page except for maybe the first (if you use a "title") and the last one? I wouldn't know why I needed this on every page ... but anyway ...

If you are looking for the number of records shown on each page in the PDF, I think you'd need to dive into the pdfmake documentation. I'm not even sure that information is available from their APIs.

Allan

• smichaelxxsmichaelxx Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thanks very much @rf1234 & @allan.

Information about number of records on the page would help me in calculating the column summaries on each page.
    I tried with footerCallback (https://datatables.net/examples/advanced_init/footer_callback.html) but while I was exporting all data I got the sum of all records but not for records on current page.

I thought about using the “customization” option where

doc ["footer"] = function (currentPage, pageCount),

but I got only page number and total numbers of pages.

Is there maybe some way to detect ”breake-page” option or group rows on each page?

@allan, you are right that in pdfmake documentation, it is not available to get information about count rows on page.

Thanks in advance for your help

The issue here is that DataTables and Buttons don't "know" anything about the page structure. It just says to pdfmake - here is a list of rows. It is pdfmake that then splits it into multiple pages. So I'm afraid this is a pdfmake question that I don't have the knowledge to address.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.