jquery.dataTables.min.js:62 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'style' of undefined

jquery.dataTables.min.js:62 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'style' of undefined

george001george001 Posts: 14Questions: 5Answers: 3

Hello,

I am getting this error message every time I am reloading the data on a datatable for more than 1 time. I am filling the datatable using a database but each time the data are reloaded (filtering them using queries to get specific values from a db) for more than one time I get this error message. 1st time i reload them it's fine but one the 2nd time it crashes. Also, every time I reload the data I .destroy() the previous table and re instantiate it again.

at Ea (jquery.dataTables.min.js:62)
    at Y (jquery.dataTables.min.js:13)
    at s.<anonymous> (jquery.dataTables.min.js:126)
    at s.iterator (jquery.dataTables.min.js:99)
    at s.<anonymous> (jquery.dataTables.min.js:126)
    at Function.adjust (jquery.dataTables.min.js:102)
    at s.<anonymous> (jquery.dataTables.min.js:125)
    at s.visible (jquery.dataTables.min.js:102)
    at s.<anonymous> (jquery.dataTables.min.js:137)
    at s.iterator (jquery.dataTables.min.js:99)

this is how i declare the datatable

$('#example').DataTable({ //rows per page "lengthMenu": [ [25, 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, -1], [25, 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, "All"] ], "dom": '<"top"Bfi>rt<"bottom"lp><"clear">', //show entries on bottom //Scrolling table "scrollY": 500, //Constrain the DataTable to the given height "deferRender": true, //Elements will be created only when the are required "scroller": true, //Enable vertical scrolling in DataTables. // "scrollX": true,//scroll horizontal "colReorder": true, // column reordering "buttons": [ 'colvis' ], //Grouping table "columnDefs": [ //mades target column hidden { "visible": false, "targets": 2 } ], "order": [ [2, 'asc'] //sorting based on column ], "drawCallback": function(settings) { //DataTables' callback function var api = this.api(); //give an API instance var rows = api.rows({ page: 'current' }).nodes(); //Get the row TR node for the selected row. for current page var last = null; //last cell's data that was checked var groupName = []; //array for holding the sorting values //loops through each cell of column 2 and gets the data of each one api.column(2, { page: 'current' }).data().each(function(group, i) { if (last !== group) { ////checds if last cell's data is the same as previous //counts the rows(i) and adds the group name (i = number of rows, group is the name of each group) $(rows).eq(i).before( '<tr class="group" id="' + i + '"><td colspan="5">' + group + '</td></tr>' ); groupName.push(i); //push the group's id in the array last = group; //sets the last var to the name of the group that was just checked } }); //iterates through the array for (var d = 0; d < groupName.length; d++) { // Code added for adding class to sibling elements as "group_<id>" $("#" + groupName[d]).nextUntil("#" + groupName[d + 1]).addClass(' group_' + groupName[d]); // Code added for adding Toggle functionality for each group $("#" + groupName[d]).click(function() { var gid = $(this).attr("id"); $(".group_" + gid).slideToggle(300); }); } } });

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,650Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin

Thanks for your question - however, per the forum rules can you link to a test case showing the issue please. This will allow the issue to be debugged.

Information on how to create a test page, if you can't provide a link to your own page can be found here.

My guess is that your HTML doesn't have three columns. It might have 2, 4 or something else.

Thanks,
    Allan

• george001george001 Posts: 14Questions: 5Answers: 3
    Answer ✓

Hello,

I found out what the problem was. It was that I was hiding one of the columns using "columnDefs": [
    { "visible": false, "targets": 0 }
    ]

This discussion has been closed.