why is there a misalignment of datatable headers and body when side menu is collapsed on the webpage

why is there a misalignment of datatable headers and body when side menu is collapsed on the webpage

akshay_kumarakshay_kumar Posts: 5Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited May 2018 in Free community support

> >
>
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
IDMobile NumberService ProviderSIM NumberRemarksRemarksRemarksRemarksRemarksModeAction
>
>
> >

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,117Questions: 26Answers: 4,916

Good question. Do you have style="width:100%" set on your HTML table tag?

Can you provide a link or a test case showing the issue so we can help debug?
    https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/10#How-to-provide-a-test-case

Kevin

• akshay_kumarakshay_kumar Posts: 5Questions: 1Answers: 0

@kthorngren thanks for responding on this. And yes, i have set width as 100% for the

<

table> tag. I will refer the link u have shared to provide a test-case.

edited May 2018

@kthorngren here is a js fiddle link https://jsfiddle.net/5shxLker/

i have tried my best to put all of it, but unfortunately there is no ssl for the link i have provided in ajax call, so fiddle is blocking the URL . Anyway the data is retrieved by an ajax call and rendered to the table. when i have given rows manually the table header part and body didn't misalign in fiddle. i have tried adjusting columns upon click event on menu icon, by using the below code,
    $.fn.DataTable.tables({
    visible: true,
    api: true
    }).columns.adjust();

• allanallan Posts: 63,075Questions: 1Answers: 10,384 Site admin

Your call to columns.adjust() probably is the solution you need, but without being able to see a page that shows the error actually happening its hard to say for certain.

Allan

@allan i m sure page isn't showin' any errors. if it did then i could have seen it in the console.

@kthorngren @allan i was able to fix it using a javascript timeout function upon menu icon click event.
    setTimeout(function () {
    $.fn.dataTable.tables({
    visible: true,
    api: true
    }).columns.adjust();
    }, 350);

This discussion has been closed.