Dynamically added fields in custom form not showing..

Dynamically added fields in custom form not showing..

kaustubh.agrawal2000kaustubh.agrawal2000 Posts: 88Questions: 39Answers: 2

Hello.
I am trying to add some fields dynamically..
I have the field addition logic in a function and the function gets called at 2 places..
1) during editor creat.. when user clicks a button (Working perfectly)
2) During edit action, when data is already present, so I am trying to show the fields without user action. (Not working)

First I thought the reason might be, that the field to which I am appending new fields is not available...
but when I Inspected the HTML the html is present but the field is not visible...

Details:
function code

var saudaItem   = [];
        var id          = dispatchSaudaMapObj['sauda_id'];
        var name        = 'dispatch_sauda_map.' + id;
        var flexBoxId   = 'flexBox' + id;
        var targetDivId = "#saudaSpecificInfo #" + flexBoxId;

if ($(targetDivId).length > 0) {
            $(targetDivId).remove();
        }

$("#saudaSpecificInfo").append("<div class='flexBox' id='"+ flexBoxId +"'></div>");
        // Add hidden ID
        var dispatchSaudaIdName = name + '.dispatch_sauda_map_id';
        var idId        =  dispatchSaudaIdName.replace('.', '-').replace('.', '-');

if ($("#" + idId).length == 0) {
              $(targetDivId).append("<div data-editor-template='" + dispatchSaudaIdName + "' id='"+ idId + "'></div>");
        }

if (typeof editor.field(dispatchSaudaIdName) == 'undefined') {
            editor.add({
                'label' : 'Id',
                'name'  : dispatchSaudaIdName,
                'type'  : 'hidden'
             });          
        } else {
            editor.field(dispatchSaudaIdName).show();
        }

editor.field(dispatchSaudaIdName).val(dispatchSaudaMapObj['dispatch_sauda_map_id']);

inspect

<div data-editor-template="saudaSpecificInfo" id="saudaSpecificInfo"><div class="flexBox" id="flexBox7"><div data-editor-template="dispatch_sauda_map.7.dispatch_sauda_map_id" id="dispatch_sauda_map-7-dispatch_sauda_map_id"></div><div data-editor-template="dispatch_sauda_map.7.sauda_id" id="dispatch_sauda_map-7-sauda_id"></div><div data-editor-template="dispatch_sauda_map.7.weight" id="dispatch_sauda_map-7-weight"></div><div data-editor-template="dispatch_sauda_map.7.number_of_bags" id="dispatch_sauda_map-7-number_of_bags"></div><div data-editor-template="dispatch_sauda_map.7.sauda_rate" id="dispatch_sauda_map-7-sauda_rate"></div></div><div class="flexBox" id="flexBox8"><div data-editor-template="dispatch_sauda_map.8.dispatch_sauda_map_id" id="dispatch_sauda_map-8-dispatch_sauda_map_id"></div><div data-editor-template="dispatch_sauda_map.8.sauda_id" id="dispatch_sauda_map-8-sauda_id"></div><div data-editor-template="dispatch_sauda_map.8.weight" id="dispatch_sauda_map-8-weight"></div><div data-editor-template="dispatch_sauda_map.8.number_of_bags" id="dispatch_sauda_map-8-number_of_bags"></div><div data-editor-template="dispatch_sauda_map.8.sauda_rate" id="dispatch_sauda_map-8-sauda_rate"></div></div></div>

the template tags are present in html but the fields are not visible...

Have been stuck in this for past 2 days..

Any help would be greatly appriciated...

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,985Questions: 1Answers: 10,162 Site admin

I've got a feeling that the issue here is that the add() method isn't rerendering the template.

Could you try calling editor.order( editor.order() ); immediately after your editor.add(...) call please?

What version of Editor are you using?

Allan

Could you update your Editor to 1.7.4 please - that's the latest release. In fact, it might be worth using the download builder to update everything you are using.

I think in Editor 1.6.x there was exactly the issue you described.

Thanks,
    Allan

• kaustubh.agrawal2000kaustubh.agrawal2000 Posts: 88Questions: 39Answers: 2

Allan,
    I have used the latest version of editor as you suggested..
    but previously I used to check if a field is existing in the form before clearing it like..

if (typeof editor.field(field) != 'undefined') {
              editor.clear(field);
    }

but now it started giving me error like :

Uncaught Unknown field name - rmf.2.rebate_matrix_id

on that particular line... (typeof editor.field(field) ...) line..
    My question is
    1) how can I check and clear a field in editor 1.7.4... I cant find specific documentation....
    2) I hope its allowed to use a dot(.) in field name ... :smile:

Please confirm..

Yes a field name can contain a dot and clear() is the correct method to delete a field.

The error suggests that there is no field of that name. fields() will tell you the list of fields that have been configured.

Allan

• kaustubh.agrawal2000kaustubh.agrawal2000 Posts: 88Questions: 39Answers: 2

Thanks a lot Allan,

Although I didnt use the template() API but still updating the plugin made the fields showup..

Thanks a lot..!!

This discussion has been closed.