DataTables Editor server side processing

DataTables Editor server side processing

gridgrid Posts: 32Questions: 4Answers: 0
edited August 2018 in Free community support

Hello,

I'm still in the trial of DataTables Editor and I consider to buy it after it. I have now made a table with the generator and it's loading json data. I have set the server side processing option to true. However, it still grabs a file of 7.5 MB on the background which is likely the full database.

var table = $('#markers').DataTable( {
    serverSide: true,
    ajax: 'php/table.markers.php',
    columns: [
        {

If there is any change to help me with it,

Thanks

grid

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,083Questions: 26Answers: 4,908

Does your server script support server side processing?
    https://datatables.net/manual/server-side

Kevin

• gridgrid Posts: 32Questions: 4Answers: 0

I solved this question already. I did now:

var table = $('#markers').DataTable( {
        ajax: {
            url: "php/table.markers.php",
            type: "POST"
        },
        serverSide: true,

Thanks anyways,

grid

It is still slow. Perhaps of the rows I use in my table. Showing 1 to 10 of 9,116,982 entries. Is there a way to make it more fast because I have lots of pending operations in Chrome:

Each will take up to 2 mins.

If there is any change to help me again with it,

Thanks

grid

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,083Questions: 26Answers: 4,908

Back to my original question - Does your server script support server side processing?

How many rows of data is the server script returning?

If its more than the page size (default 10 rows) then your server script is not returning just the data requested for that page which is expected with server side processing.

Kevin

• allanallan Posts: 62,994Questions: 1Answers: 10,369 Site admin

Perhaps you can show us the contents of your table.markers.php file? If you are using the Editor PHP libraries (which I'm guessing you are from the file name structure), then it should support server-side processing out of the box.

Are you able to give me a link to a page showing the issue?

Allan

The server side processing works. I test it currently local. I understand that when the table is more large it will take longer to load the table.markers.php file. For example with 50.000 rows there is no wait time.

• allanallan Posts: 62,994Questions: 1Answers: 10,369 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Even with 9 million rows, there shouldn't be an issue with server-side processing. It makes use of the SQL engine which is optimised for exactly that sort of thing.

If you use the "Network" tab in your browser's inspector, how long does the Ajax response take for the data on the first page?

Allan

edited August 2018

Allan, I did adjust some things to make the query's more fast. Removed wildcards https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/48203/column-search Also used individual column filtering. Already used indexes etc. If I lower the amount of rows it will work perfectly with the normal settings. For example globalsearch.

Thanks,

grid

This discussion has been closed.