add row to datatables - requested unknown parameter

add row to datatables - requested unknown parameter

esmurfesmurf Posts: 29Questions: 4Answers: 0

Hi y'all,

I'm trying to add a new row to my table with https://datatables.net/reference/api/row.add() and https://datatables.net/reference/api/rows.add().
Unfortunately I get the error request:
"DataTables warning: table id=customer - Requested unknown parameter 'crapper_customer_intranet.kundenr' for row 10, column 0."

Javasript:

$('#customer').DataTable( {
            dom: "Blfrtip",
            ajax: {
                url: '../backend/getCustomerBack.php',
                type: 'POST',
                dataSrc: 'data'
            },
            serverSide: true,
            columns: [
                {
                    data: "crapper_customer_intranet.kundenr",
                },
                {
                    data: "crapper_customer_intranet.navn",
                },
                {
                    data: "crapper_customer_intranet.cvrnr",
                },
            ],
            select: true,

The following code is invoked when clicked on a button. I've tried several solutions from various sources who've had the same problems, but still doesn't seem to work.

var table = jQuery('#customer').DataTable();
                                var dataTest1 = [{
                                    "crapper_customer_intranet.kundenr":"123123123123123",
                                    "crapper_customer_intranet.navn":"15.00",
                                    "crapper_customer_intranet.cvr":"0.00"}];

var dataTest2 = [['sveeaaa','asdasd.00','0132123']];

console.log(table.rows.add(dataTest1).draw());

I've got no idea what the hell I'm missing, and it's properly just a small error I'm missing....

It gives the following error:
"DataTables warning: table id=customer - Requested unknown parameter 'crapper_customer_intranet.kundenr' for row 10, column 0. For more information about this error, please see http://datatables.net/tn/4"

I've noticed that the "row 10" is according to how many entries I've got in my table. If i change it to 50 or 100, it changes aswell..?

Here's the console log if interested.

Hope someone can help me out.

Have a great day!

Replies

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Hi @esmurf ,

You need it to be in the same format, so something like this:

var data = {crapper_customer_intranet: {kundenr: 123, navn: "15.00", cvrnr: "0.00"}}

See example here,

Cheers,

Colin

• esmurfesmurf Posts: 29Questions: 4Answers: 0

hi @colin
    Ty for your answer! It didn't work to start with, so I ran som tests...
    My project is serverside, and it only works when I turn it off??

Hope you can assist me once again.
    //esmurf

Found the problem.. https://datatables.net//forums/discussion/comment/90466/#Comment_90466
    "When in server-side processing mode, the data store is at the server. So adding a row on the client-side (if you'll excuse me) is fairly pointless. DataTables in SSP mode is just a dumb display and events library. If you need to add a row, then you need to add it to the data source (i.e. at the server) and then just redraw the table."

//esmurf

If you have a solution or an example for adding a new row with serverside processing, it would be highly appreciated! @colin

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,141Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

Good find, you are correct. Adding a row to the client when using server side processing won't work. To add a row from your page you would need to use an ajax request to send the data to a server script that can insert it into your data source. In the success portion for the ajax request you would use draw() or ajax.reload() to redaw the table causing Datatables to send a request to the server.

Kevin

Hi @kthorngren
    Do you have any examples of this? I've been looking for solutions almost everywhere, but haven't found any obvious solution to my problem.. I'm new to JS and PHP, but I'm getting there, slowly..

Have a great day!

//esmurf

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,141Questions: 26Answers: 4,736
    edited November 2018

Sorry, I don't have an example. Someone else may post one for you.

If you don't want to develop this yourself you could use Editor to create new rows. Its a paid for product but might be worth it for you. You can see an example of create by clicking the "New" button in the example.

If you wanted to do this yourself you would use jQuery Ajax and send the new row data using the data option and in the success option either use draw() or ajax.reload(). Here is a code snippet from one of my web pages:

$.ajax({
                                        url: "/update_volunteer_person",
                                        type: 'post',
                                        data: {pkid: data.pkid, fk_people: response},
                                        success: function(json) {
                                            table.ajax.reload( null, false );
                                        },
                                        error: function (jqXHR, exception) {
                                            set_status('Error collecting version info: ' + get_xhr_error(jqXHR, exception));
                                        },

})

As far as PHP I definitely can't help there. I don't use PHP :smile:

Kevin

edited November 2018

@kthorngren Ty for the reply!
    The funny thing is that I actually do have the Editor... I do not know why I didn't think about it... so much documentation to remember!

I do have a follow up question:
    I have several JS files with different tables and data. Within my main JS file, is it be possible with editor.create() to create a new row on another table?
    Or do I need to load the entire table and hide it within my main JS file and then use the editor for that table to add the new row?

Have a great day.
    //Esmurf

• allanallan Posts: 61,438Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin

Within my main JS file, is it be possible with editor.create() to create a new row on another table?

Yes, but you need to have an Editor instance for that other table. You can have multiple Editor instances (just as you can have multiple DataTables) and each Editor instance can only point at a single DataTable (although it is possible to have multiple Editors pointing at a single DataTable).

Allan

@allan what would be the best approach? Should it be as I wrote:

Or do I need to load the entire table and hide it within my main JS file and then use the editor for that table to add the new row?

//Esmurf

• allanallan Posts: 61,438Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin

I don't quite understand what you are trying to achieve I'm afraid. You want to create a new row on a second table, but not show it? If so, then create the Editor instance for the second table, but don't bother with the DataTable.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.