Record Truncation at ~17K - Works on Chrome, Sometimes not on IE - What could be wrong?

Record Truncation at ~17K - Works on Chrome, Sometimes not on IE - What could be wrong?

jamesJIgoejamesJIgoe Posts: 9Questions: 2Answers: 0

One of my DataTable displays using ASP.NET needs to show all of the records returned from a stored procedure, anywhere from 5 to 18000, depending on the data. The front-end is ASP.NET MVC and the result is fine on my computer in both IE and Chrome but only shows records greater than approximately 17,600 on a peer's IE. Chrome is fine for them. The code is not using Ajax or doing any paging, although I might consider it to improve performance.

Is there a meta tag or something similar that needs to be set to resolve this issue? Anything i should be looking at?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583
    Answer ✓

Hi @jamesJIgoe ,

Without paging or serverSide browsers will struggle - this page of the FAQ should help, it discusses strategies for improving performance.

Cheers,

Colin

• jamesJIgoejamesJIgoe Posts: 9Questions: 2Answers: 0

Presumably, I'll have to load this page using ajax to use the server side option. Will try it.

• allanallan Posts: 61,431Questions: 1Answers: 10,048 Site admin

I'd suggest using ajax with deferRender before jumping to server-side processing. With Ajax loading and deferred rendering you should see a massive improvement in IE. Example available here.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.