Fixed columns + ScrollY: bug with mousewheel button scroll

Fixed columns + ScrollY: bug with mousewheel button scroll

LePatayLePatay Posts: 20Questions: 3Answers: 1
edited January 2019 in Free community support

Hi there,

Though there have been several threads about rows not scrolling on standard mousewheel scroll, I haven't seen this one documented anywhere.

1. Goto the basic demo of Fixed Columns:
    https://datatables.net/extensions/fixedcolumns/examples/initialisation/simple.html
  2. Mousewheel-click inside a non-fixed column and start scrolling down.
  3. Maintain mousewheel pressed, then drag over the fixed column.

Problem: the fixed column stops scrolling down! It snaps back in place only when we go back hovering a non-fixed column, or scroll the table vertically in another way (mousewheel or scrollbars).

Seen in the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox (Jan 7, 2019)
Not seen in Internet Explorer 11.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Thanks for posting this! I'll need to get back to you when I've got my Windows machine as my current Linux one doesn't appear to do mouse wheel click scrolling. I've added it to our bug tracker so I don't loose it!

Allan

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

We just took a look at this again and are now unable to reproduce - so we suspect it's been resolved in releases since this was posted. If it does still occur for you, please can you report and we'll look again,

Colin

• sWongsWong Posts: 10Questions: 3Answers: 0

Dear @colin ,
    I have found out a bug when using fixedColumn in both left and right as shown in this basic demos of FixedColumns.
    https://datatables.net/extensions/fixedcolumns/examples/initialisation/left_right_columns.html

I have uploaded a video for a better depiction of this error I have able to found.
    As you can see in the video, the scrolling works fine with the left slide of the fixedColumn. The bug shows when I am trying to scroll on the fixedColumn on the right side.

The current version of Google Chrome that I used is Version 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Video Link:
    Bug on left and right fixedColumn

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Yep, I see that, thanks for reporting and for taking the time to make the video. I've raised it internally (DD-1552 for my reference) and we'll report back here when there's an update.

Cheers,

Colin

Thanks @colin !

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Thanks for reporting this! Fixed here and it will be in the nightly build shortly.

Regards,
    Allan

edited July 2020

Thanks @allan :) :) <3

This discussion has been closed.