Accessibility problem for button's page

Accessibility problem for button's page

AblitterAblitter Posts: 13Questions: 5Answers: 0

Hello everyone,
I'm new on this forum.
I used the Datatables component for for a while, and it works nicely.
I'm having some difficulties in relation to some accessibility features that have been requested.
In particular, screen-readers do not seem to detect the buttons pages "1", "2", "3", and so on ...
Is it possible to add a tooltip on the buttons so that the screen reader can read, for example, "Page number one", "Previous page", or "Next page", when the mouse over on the relevant buttons or when the buttons get focuses?
At the moment, the "Windows Narrator" test screen reader does not detect any buttons. Also, can you assign these buttons to navigate via the keyboard, with Click events enabled for the space bar and Enter?

Thank you very much in advance
Kind Regards

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,716Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

Interesting, I've not had any problems with ChromeVox, VoiceOver or JAWS, but I've not tried Windows Narrator before.

Click events enabled for the space bar and Enter?

They should already work with enter, and I've just confirmed that on this page. Space is typically used to scroll down the page, so I would be reluctant to hijack that.

Allan

• AblitterAblitter Posts: 13Questions: 5Answers: 0

Thank you for the reply, allan.
    I had already seen the link you suggested: in fact, I have been looking for a solution for a few days. I have tried numerous configurations, but to be honest, not the zero configuration. The problem is that I'm working on some code already written (not by me). The Datatables configuration is already set up. I would not like to change it because something else might not work. For this reason u tought that there was a direct option to set the title, the hint or the caption of the buttons page in order to make them detectable by the screen readers. I will post the code probably on monday, maybe this can help to understand my isssue.

thank you again

This discussion has been closed.