getting error on few users browsers uncaught-typeerror jquery?v= -cannot-set-property-_dt_cellindex-

getting error on few users browsers uncaught-typeerror jquery?v= -cannot-set-property-_dt_cellindex-

Tharun253Tharun253 Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

tried to reproduce the issue on machines in our company it works fine. getting this error only for few users and it started all of sudden . does uncaught-typeerror jquery?v= -cannot-set-property-_dt_cellindex-of-undefined or null reference / error depend on users computer or any network firewall. Seems to be the error is not on all machines.

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,270Questions: 26Answers: 4,765
    edited April 2019

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property '_DT_CellIndex' of undefined

Is generally a mismatch between the HTML config and the Datatable config. Or you might have colspan or rowspan within the table rows. Hard to say without seeing the problem. The only suggestion I have to to look at the page source to validate you have a matching number of columns in the header and in the table body (rows) and that the colspan and rowspan are not in the tbody.

Kevin

• Tharun253Tharun253 Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

The table is generated from razor view, I verified the number of columns in header and body and the colspan,rowspan is 1 for all header and footer rows. This issue is seen only on few machines not on all. will this error comes up specific to any network related as the browser and the site seems to same for the errored users everyone are using chrome. for some user got SCRIPT5007: Unable to set property '_DT_CellIndex' of undefined.

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,270Questions: 26Answers: 4,765

You should get some other message if there is a network error. Every time I've seen this error it has something to do with the HTML table not matching what Datatables expects. You will need to review the above when you are looking at a browser with that error. It is allowed to have colspand and rowspan in the header and footer. Its not allowed in the tbody. Look for abnormalities in the tbody when you get this error.

One thing that might help is to use the Datatables debugger to collect the table information when you get this error. You can send the debug code or link to @allan and/or @colin to review. They maybe able to spot something in the response data that is causing the error.

Kevin

• Tharun253Tharun253 Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

The debugger helped. one of the row column changing to <d class=""> from <td class=""> when it is trying to load the datatable. Its happening only for few users. I'm using v 1.10.12. datatables.

This discussion has been closed.