Unable to bind the received data to the DataTable.

Unable to bind the received data to the DataTable.

nadynady Posts: 6Questions: 2Answers: 0

Here is the following code
$('#widow-grid').DataTable({
"searching": false, //this is disabled because I have a custom search.
"aaData": [data], //here we get the array data from the ajax call.
"columns": [
{"data":"family_code", title: "Family Codes"},
{"data":"District", title: "District"},
{"data":"Block", title: "Block"},
{"data":"Panchayat", title: "Panchayat"},
{"data":"Religion", title: "Religion"},
{"data":"Name", title: "Name"},
{"data":"Pension", title: "Pension"}
]
});
but When I checked the console no error is shown but neither is any data loaded into the datatable
I got the following records in console of data.

[{"family_code":"471","District":"Barabanki","Block":"Masauli","Panchayat":"Chilauki","Religion":"1","Name":"Shyamavati","Pension":"3"},{"family_code":"500","District":"Barabanki","Block":"Masauli","Panchayat":"Chilauki","Religion":"1","Name":"Phoolmati","Pension":"3"},{"family_code":"521","District":"Barabanki","Block":"Masauli","Panchayat":"Chilauki","Religion":"1","Name":"Suman Devi","Pension":"3"},{"family_code":"524","District":"Barabanki","Block":"Masauli","Panchayat":"Chilauki","Religion":"1","Name":"Shyamkali","Pension":"3"}]

Replies

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,147Questions: 26Answers: 4,918

As a side note you are using aaData which is a legacy Datatables optoin (1.9). You can continue to use that as Datatables 1.10 is backward compatible but its recommended to use the current form of the option which is data. The Conversion Guide provides a map between legacy and current naming convention.

You have "aaData": [data], which is taking the array you already have and placing it inside another array. Try "aaData": data, or better use "data": data,.

Kevin

• nadynady Posts: 6Questions: 2Answers: 0

Thanks for the info kevin, i also do above instructions but now i get the following errors.
    DataTables warning: table id=widow-grid - Requested unknown parameter 'family_code' for row 0, column 0. For more information about this error, please see http://datatables.net/tn/4

One more thing is that when I try to console.log(data.family_code); then I got undefined

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,147Questions: 26Answers: 4,918

Try console.log(data[0].family_code); to access the first element in the array.

Your data and code works here:
    http://live.datatables.net/powefiso/1/edit

Maybe you can update my example to show the unknown parameter error you are getting.

Kevin

Hello, kthorngren,
    Your guidance helps me a lot. Actually, I need to parse JSON. then it works perfectly.
    Thanks Again

This discussion has been closed.