Solution Request: Table of 20 fields in vertical/column order, paging through datasets

Solution Request: Table of 20 fields in vertical/column order, paging through datasets

DW71DW71 Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi all,
I wonder if there is a solution using DataTables to display about 20 fields for one dataset in vertical order (Label: textfield layout) with display only and edit options?
In the end I want to page through these datasets.
Tnx

Regards
Dirk

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,598

Hi @DW71 ,

Not in a table view, but this Editor example may be interesting - it's showing a form that can be paged through to each of the records. One option would be to load this form on page load.

Hope that gives you a few options,

Cheers,

Colin

• DW71DW71 Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi Colin,
    yes it does give some options, especially with the edit and delete functions. Thanks.
    In addition to that I look to display one dataset (with about 20 fields) in vertical view.
    This would be than the complete solution.
    Is there any way to display one table row in vertical order or in 3 horizontal rows in order to get all 20 fields displayed on the page?
    Any idea?

Cheers
    Dirk

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,598

Hi @DW71 ,

The Select extension would be able to help achieve that. In this example here, the columns that wouldn't fit in the display are automatically shown. You can change the layout with responsive.details.renderer, see example here, and this could just make additional rows in the table to give those three rows you're after.

With Responsive , you would get different results with different sized displays, but that could be managed by putting the table within a container.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.