Column Sorting Bug in New Release

Column Sorting Bug in New Release

hockeyswim418hockeyswim418 Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

First and foremost, I want to express my appreciation for DataTables being available for me to use. It is filled with great functionality and has saved me lots of time programming!

When the new update (1.10.20) was released on October 1, I upgrade one of my sites to use the latest version of DataTables. Since then, I've noticed a bug that I wanted to bring to your attention. When I click on a column to sort it, the table jumps up on my page. This error occurs on all my pages in Chrome, but not in Microsoft Edge. Since the site I'm referencing requires a password to access it, I've included a screenshot of the error. When I switch back to version 1.10.19, the issue goes away. Let me know if you come up with a fix.

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,598

Hi @hockeyswim418 ,

Thanks for the kind words. That problem doesn't occur here. We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• hockeyswim418hockeyswim418 Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited October 2019

I figured out a solution. Once I changed the DOM classes for elements above the table to "display: inline-block" rather than "display: inline", the problem resolved itself. I had a filter box and a CSV button above the table. In addition, I had to set "float: left" on the filter box and "float: right" on the CSV button to get them to align correctly. I don't know what changed in the new release that caused the issue when there wasn't an issue before, but this solution resolved the issue.

This discussion has been closed.