DataTables Editor "Show xxx entries"

DataTables Editor "Show xxx entries"

welleozeanwelleozean Posts: 9Questions: 2Answers: 0

In the DataTables no-editor, the basic initialization shows an option "Show xxx entries" in order to set the number of rows (Standard 25) to show in a table. The DataTables Editor does not have this feature. How can I insert it? Probably in the DOM definition? Unfortunately I wasn't able to find any reference to this. Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Answers

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,365Questions: 39Answers: 395

The Editor extends DataTables. The initialization options remain the same with Editor as without.

• welleozeanwelleozean Posts: 9Questions: 2Answers: 0

This is also my understanding of the tool. However, I am not able to display the "show xxx pages" option. If you look at all examples in DataTables Editor, no one shows it too.

In my DataTables simple, I use

"dom": 'Z<"top"li>rt<"bottom"lp>',

This, or any other combination of dom by the way, does not produce any effect in my DataTables Editor. I can only see the paging. I am using Bootstrap 4. What can I be doing wrong?

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,171Questions: 26Answers: 4,922

If you look at all examples in DataTables Editor, no one shows it too.

This and all the other examples have Showing 1 to 10 of 57 entries. For example:
    https://editor.datatables.net/examples/simple/simple.html

The problem is specific to your environment. Please post a link to your page or a test case replicating the issue so we can help debug.
    https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/10#How-to-provide-a-test-case

Kevin

• welleozeanwelleozean Posts: 9Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi Kevin, I just realized that I must have expressed myself the wrong way: I can see the "Showing 1 to 10 of 57 entries". What I want is the drop-down menu "Show - DropDown Value - entries". This is not to be seen in any example of the Editor (while it is standard in the non-editor version).

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,365Questions: 39Answers: 395

The Editor examples not including the page length menu is irrelevant.
    As I already said, basic DT initialization such as dom options remains the same with Editor.
    If your issue is specific to your environment, we need a test case as Kevin said.

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,171Questions: 26Answers: 4,922

This is not to be seen in any example of the Editor (while it is standard in the non-editor version

As Tangerine said this is not due to the Editor. The Page Length menu is not shown in the examples that have Buttons on this site. A FAQ was created to explain how to display the Page Length with Buttons. This is what you are seeing with the Datatables site examples.

You have the l in your dom option. Do you have the lengthChange option set false?

In order to help debug why you aren't see the length change option we will need to see your page. Please post a link to your page or a test case replicating the issue.
    https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/10#How-to-provide-a-test-case

Kevin

• welle77welle77 Posts: 8Questions: 3Answers: 0
    edited May 2020

Problem solved switching from the DOM to a button.

This discussion has been closed.