SearchPanes with Responsive Tables

SearchPanes with Responsive Tables

leenooksleenooks Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi, Sorry, I wasnt able to reproduce a jsfiddle or jsbin with dom: '<"dtsp-verticalContainer"<"dtsp-verticalPanes"P><"dtsp-dataTable"Bfrtip>>', (it always rendered above the table, not beside it), but I thought I'd share that when you use SearchPanes with Responsive, while Responsive does hide columns with a "+" at the beginning of a row - it doesnt hide the right amount of columns, and the table still overflows.

In my use case, the overflow looked like the width of searchpane - and while responsive was collapsing columns on the browsers edge - I had to scroll to the right to see the overflowed portion of the table.

Hope that makes sense :)

Answers

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236

Hi @leenooks ,

If you look at the example it actually uses some extra css code to apply the formatting. (Press the "CSS" tab below the example).

As for your issue with responsive could you please link to a test case. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.
    Thanks,
    Sandy

• gruskadagruskada Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

I am seeing the same thing. Here is a demo that demonstrates the behavior:

http://live.datatables.net/wamehoha/1/edit?js,output

If you resize the output pane in JS Bin, it doesn't start collapsing until it's well past the viewport (about the same width as the vertical tabs). I don't see any event I can hook into to modify this myself.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236

Hi @gruskada ,

Just a note for anyone who finds this post to say that a new forum post was created for this issue and this will be tracked there from now on.

Thanks,
    Sandy

This discussion has been closed.