Problem with clicking other pagination buttons (Data are not reloaded)

Problem with clicking other pagination buttons (Data are not reloaded)

patinoj2012patinoj2012 Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Good day to all.

I think my problem is the same with this one:

https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/41224/in-server-side-pagination-not-able-to-reload-datatable-in-view-on-page-change
and it havent been answered it.

My issue is when i click the second or third or 4th and so on.. it still shows the loaded data on the 1st page...
i still need to click three times on any page numbers or next button in order to reload the data.

I have custom HTTP vars sent to my controller that filters records (not the filter provided by datatable).

I hope you can help me with this. Thank you and keep safe always..

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,276Questions: 26Answers: 4,765
    edited May 2020 Answer ✓

Without a link to your page its hard to say what the problem might be. I'm assuming you enabled server side processing (serverSide set true). The first steps I would take are to look at the browser's Network Inspector to verify that an Ajax request is sent to the server for each click of the Paging buttons. If so then I would look at the parameters (Headers tab) sent and the response. The results of this will determine the next steps I take.

What do you find?

Would help to post your config if you can't post a link to your page or a test case replicating the issue.
    https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/10#How-to-provide-a-test-case

Alternatively you can use the Datatables debugger to collect information for the developers to look at.

Kevin

• patinoj2012patinoj2012 Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

"The first steps I would take are to look at the browser's Network Inspector to verify that an Ajax request is sent to the server for each click of the Paging buttons. If so then I would look at the parameters (Headers tab) sent and the response."

Thank you for this... Oppps! My fault. Thank you for informing me with this... I was so stressed that i did not even bother to look at the network inspector...I provided the wrong formula in my query... that is why it returns the data on the first page twice or thrice... (loigcal error)

So sorry, my fault and not with the DataTable..
    Once again thank you...

This discussion has been closed.