Is there a complete noob's guide to server-side processing?

Is there a complete noob's guide to server-side processing?

whatsinanamewhatsinaname Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi. Full confession: I have a learning impairment for new concepts and my brain is not naturally wired for web-coding but I'm really trying to figure this out...

I've searched high and low but can't seem to find a 'hold my hand like I'm four' kinda guide that takes me from zero to a working page with search using a mysql database.
Is there such a thing?

I can't even get my head around the "examples" because I don't know what folder structure to use or what the files need to be called.
I tried downloading the examples and putting my details in without success.

If it helps, I'm just wanting to have a searchable table with "State" and "City" as my variables, paginated, with the option to choose how many results are on a page.

Because someone physically showed me how a few years ago, I can get around my web-server and phpmyadmin and have setup my database and can query it to see results. That isn't the issue.
However I don't know how to get these results in a pretty little webpage using datatables, html, css, etc. and it's making me insane!!

I understand that I can use the editor generator to do what I want, however I'm not in a position where I can afford the full license after the trial ends and really it's not teaching me anything.

TL;DR: Can anyone point me to a full generic step by step guide where I can easily plug in my own database and table values? Please?

Sorry for the repeat question, but thank you!

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,143Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

For server side processing, enable serverSide. The protocol is discussed here. Also see examples here.

This blog post is about as NOOBy as it gets,

Cheers,

Colin

• whatsinanamewhatsinaname Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi. Thanks for your direction! I'll check them out and see if I can get my head around the concepts!

This discussion has been closed.