Download Builder merged files does not include note that UI framework support files are included

Download Builder merged files does not include note that UI framework support files are included

AnthonyVAnthonyV Posts: 37Questions: 7Answers: 0

Link to test case:
https://datatables.net/download/#ju/dt-1.10.21/e-1.9.4/b-1.6.2/cr-1.5.2/kt-2.5.2/sl-1.3.1

Debugger code (debug.datatables.net):
Error messages shown:
Description of problem:

I used the download builder, which is extremely, helpful by the way, to build the merged files that I needed for my project.

I looked at the notes at the top of the combined files and did not see a reference to the UI framework used or any indication of whether or not those pieces were included in the archive.

I suspected that they were even though they were not referenced and I was able to find them. This was easier in the JS file since the header was there but harder in the CSS file since there was no header.

This is simply a documentation request.

Thank you very much.

Anthony

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,141Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

I used the link you provided. The downloaded datatables.js has this:

This file doesn't contain jQuery UI but does contain the Datatables jQuery UI styling files.

In Step 2, of the Download Builder, selecting jQuery UI changes the comments to this:

Now the concatenated file includes jQuery UI plus the other libraries.

Are you wanting the first case to indicate that the files contain the styling files for jQuery UI?

Kevin

• AnthonyVAnthonyV Posts: 37Questions: 7Answers: 0

Yes, all I am suggesting is the addition of a note to indicate what Styling files were included in the archive.

I purposely did not include jQuery or jQueryUI in the package because I already have them in my application.

But I did intentionally specify the intended UI Styling that I would use.

Thanks for the speedy response.

This discussion has been closed.