How to search for Div innerHTML

How to search for Div innerHTML

NusserdtNusserdt Posts: 6Questions: 2Answers: 0

I know it is frequently asked question in this forum, but I do not found a helping answer in that case.

I have a DataTable. The value of my last Column could have 3 states. The states are unknown, success and fail. There for I create a select box to filter for that states. The HTML Tags of the state looks like:
<td><div class="parse_fail">fail</div></td>

With that column I have two issues:
1. the sorting arrows have no function
2. the state select search find no values
it is obviously because of the html div tag.

What I try:
1. I try custom column renderer but I understand it is for the view, not for the search and sorting.
2. I try to specify my column with
columnDefs: [ { "type": "html", "targets": 5 } ]
but doesn't help.
3. I try to regex search for the whole div tag <td><div class="parse_fail">fail</div></td>, but I think it is not how it works.

So how could I solve the sorting/searching problem?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,172Questions: 26Answers: 4,923

Please provide a link to your page or a running test case so we can see what your code is doing. This will allow us to help diagnose the problem.
    https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/10#How-to-provide-a-test-case

Kevin

• NusserdtNusserdt Posts: 6Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hello Kevin, thanks for your response. I try to rebuild my case in this minimal example and I found out that I can't reproduce the issue. This DataTable have no issue with the Div Tag inside the first column. So I have to find out, where the differences are. I will try to but this minimal example into my application.

@kthorngren I was now able to create a minimal example which should reproduce the issue:
    2. the state select search find no values

I have no idea what is different to the first minimal example. Hope this make it clear.

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,172Questions: 26Answers: 4,923

You have table.column(0).search() which is searching the first column. You want to search the second and need to use table.column(1).search() instead. Updated example:
    http://live.datatables.net/jakefuca/2/edit

Kevin

@kthorngren I am so sorry, I make a mistake and you was correct. I understand now that my first minimal examples was not representative for the problem. So I create a new minimal example and I am now really sure, that this should point to the issue.

Here in words:
    - I have table where the value change on runtime.
    - the last column 'State' starts with the value 'unknown'
    - after about 5 min all values inside the column will have his final state ('fail' or 'success')
    - I simulate this process in the example with the click button
    - after the table value change by a click, the search algorithm is not able to find the new value

It takes I while to understand the problem. Do you have any idea how could I solve this?

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,599
    Answer ✓

If you haven't got many rows, the easiest way would be to call rows().invalidate() to rescan the table - http://live.datatables.net/jakefuca/4/edit

If you do have a lot of rows, you could invalidate the specific cell that you changed with cell().invalidate(),

Colin

This discussion has been closed.